Turn on thread page Beta

Would you rather... watch

ReputationRep:
    Date a boy/girl who:

Was really really outgoing and loved themselves almost more than they would love you, OR someone who had low-ish self esteem??

ReputationRep:
    I hate arrogance so it would be the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Low-ish self esteem. They would not only have more similarities with me that way but also i would not feel threatened that she would leave me for some other guy cause she thinks she is better than me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree, i would pick the low-ish self esteem too. Although too low self-esteem can be annoying until you get to know them xD

So much better than arrogance though tbh

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who love themselves, so the latter shall be my option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cozmonkey)
    Date a boy/girl who:

Was really really outgoing and loved themselves almost more than they would love you, OR someone who had low-ish self esteem??
    about me:

i am an introvert, but i'm also quite the extrovert at times (something to do with tiredness at a particular point in time, i imagine)

i can't say i love myself. i must say, i have my merits :sexface:, but sometimes i feel like my (blatantly obvious) shortcomings outweigh the good aspects of myse;f

for that reason, whoever i date, if there was something there, i would probably care about them more than i care about myself.

and i use probably in the atheist bus campaign sense.

ReputationRep:
    The latter. Loud people perturb me.

ReputationRep:
    The first one, low confidence is one thing, but I can't be attracted to someone who thinks they're rubbish :s

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to buck the trend here and say the former, simply because my ex had low self esteem and it generally wasn't a good experience.

Besides, it's easier to take someone down a peg or two than it is to bring someone up a peg or two. The latter tbh, you're fighting a losing battle.
    And I'd just tease the guy constantly. :p:

ReputationRep:
    No one could love theirself as much as they love me. I'm that awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose low-ish self esteem. I hate narcissistic and arrogant people.

ReputationRep:
    How can people hate others who love themselves? Infact the 1st person, is what I'm looking for. How can one love another without loving oneself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    The latter. Loud people perterb me.
    perturb*

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit of a sucker for waify women so probably the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Low self esteem.

It would be someone who I had a lot in common with, who shared my belief that we are inisignificant and alone. Generally I hate the whole human race, but I like individuals, and generally those individuals also hate the human race. Self-loathing is the most potent aphrodisiac.

ReputationRep:
    The first one, outgoing.

Whilst low self esteem is something a lot of us face on and off, it is a difficult thing to deal with in a partner. I can handle a woman with a flair of arrogance, but I'm at a loss with one who's down in the dumps.

In some cases, it is low self esteem that disgusts me far more than narcissim ever could, but I feel most disgusted with myself for saying that.

ReputationRep:
    dont care tbh. whoever i fancy and get on with most.

although if go with the above post if i had to choose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    perturb*
    whoops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    what's a preturb?
    A feeling - perturb. 'Makes me uncomfortable'.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/perturb

ReputationRep:
    Someone in the middle

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.