Turn on thread page Beta

Poorly Hamster :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If she's no better by tomorrow I'm taking her to the vets.

Anyways, last night I noticed my hamster seemed really drowsy and wobbly on her feet. She's only just a year old so I Didn't expect anything to happen yet. I'm not sure how long she's been poorly as for the past week my Dad has been feeding her 'cos I've had a cold and didn't want to risk her catching it - my Dad had a little bit of one too so could she have caught that? I've looked at her again today and she was very reluctant to come out of her house but when she did she seemed very wobbly on her legs again. It's as though her back is really hunched over making her spine more prominent. Her ears are back and her eyes look like she's squinting. I've looked up on the internet a bit, is it possible she had a stroke? I've fed her and she's eating by her bowl at the moment so that's a good sign? I'm really worried about her and have grown far more attached to the little creature than I ever thought I would. Is there anytthing I can do?

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you're doing all you can right now, just keep an eye on her and make sure she has fresh food/water and is clean - take her to the vets as soon as you can. Hope it turns out okay

ReputationRep:
    Keep an eye on her and take her to the vets as soon as possible. There isn't anything you can do really apart from give her food/water/warmth for the time being. Hope she's ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    It sounds like you're doing all you can right now, just keep an eye on her and make sure she has fresh food/water and is clean - take her to the vets as soon as you can. Hope it turns out okay
    Get out of my head :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by landofunk)
    Get out of my head :eek:
    'Great minds...'

ReputationRep:
    Does the area around the tail look all wet? If it does the hamster could have wet tail.

ReputationRep:
    One word - vet.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to phone up the vets first thing tomorrow. I did have a lookc around her tail and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. Her fur looks a little scruffy all over though. She's normally really clean

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.