Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully going hertfordshire or bedfordshire university... want to do private rent accomadation. Just need some general advice as to when we need to find accomadation etc, where can we find an extra housemate and those general questions...thanks :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne1991)
    Hopefully going hertfordshire or bedfordshire university... want to do private rent accomadation. Just need some general advice as to when we need to find accomadation etc, where can we find an extra housemate and those general questions...thanks :o:
    I could help you with finding private accommodation near the University of Hertfordshire, I would recommend you to live in Halls for your first year though!
    Here is a link of the website that I think is made by someone of the Uni although it doesn't say that anywhere lol http://findmyhouse.co.uk/ (de havilland and college lane are the two different campusses). I'd say the earlier the better, If you find anything you could always make agreements that you move in from september or something.
    Message me some details of what exactly you are looking for and I can use the UH Housemates to find something.

ReputationRep:
    why would you recommend halls? i would but im bringing my dog with me its a long story but i have to so its not really an option for me

ReputationRep:
    Because when you first start uni it's pretty hard to talk to people. Everyone's in the same boat but e.g. in lectures you'll start off sitting with people doing your subject in the same hall. As someone on your own, if you're shy at all, it's much harder to "break in" to the friendship groups.

Gumtree?

ReputationRep:
    Well if you can find someone who's willing to let to you with a dog... Well, you'll be lucky. Are you even going to be able to afford to look after a dog whilst you're on loans and such though?

Most people recommend halls because they're where you find the biggest concentration of students, so there's more people for you to meet. It's not right for everyone though, and I certainly wish I'd lived in a house rather than halls.

You could also try www.accommodationforstudents.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leanne1991)
    Just an idea, but when you get a place at uni have a look at the local papers down there online, they may have a section for renting houses. Also if you want a housemate advertise around the uni, maybe at the SU.

ReputationRep:
    yh ill be fine financially and me and friend are planning on sharing together anyway. Well the dog was mine and my boyfriends but he cant have him no more so he lives with me and i cant bear to get rid of him to be honest. Im pretty confident so ill hopefully just be able to join some societies and meet people that way. I would prefer to stay in the halls honestly but i dont think one years experience is worth getting rid of him for

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.