Turn on thread page Beta

This is quite a long post so be prepared...

Ok so i used to go to a mixed school from years 7-11 but was a social retard then and didn't really talk to girls (or boys for that matter). I had a few male friends but that was about it. In year 12, i moved to an all boys school for sixth form. Soon enough, I realised that i didnt know any females and coudlnt remember the last time i talked to a girl of my age. There was some interaction between the girls school down the road to my school but they used to meet from before too so only the people who were there from year 7 knew each other and already had their friendship groups. So in the mixed lessons i would just sit in the corner with boys in the similar situation. But at that time i didnt mind too much.

I am now in Year 13 and i am totally about to explode!! I am sick of being around boys all the time! Provided i meet the grades, i will be going to Imperial College later this year and from what I've heard its pretty much like going to a boys school.

I am naturally very shy, ugly and quite a boring person socially and even worse I will be living at home for uni (35 min journey). I probably will go to party's but won't get any action and plus i dont drink either.

Hopefully all of that will change when i start but the question I want to ask is, will my choices prevent my situation from changing? By that i mean by living at home, and the lack of girls at Imperial College. I'm not looking to get laid every night, but i just want to know some girls and not only boys. Will girls even like me? Looking at past threads on the studentroom, girls like humour a lot in a guy but i'm not good at that either. I would have very few common interests with girls.

Girls opinions? Advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am naturally very shy, ugly and quite a boring person socially and even worse I will be living at home for uni (35 min journey).
    Why do you think you are ugly? and why do you think you are boring socially?

ReputationRep:
    Get them to the point where they're so drunk, they will let anything inside them.

ReputationRep:
    I know a reaaalllllyyy hot girl that goes to imperial. They do exist. Don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1992)
    i went to an all boys school yrs 11-13 then all girls school for sixth form (which i'm at now) and didnt have loads of female friends before and im initially quite bit shy with people especially when not around friends i know, yet i made plenty of really good friends so just because you don't have many female friends now doesn't mean it has to/will stay that way or that you will always have to be really shy around females or anything like that

Does this not make you a hermaphrodite? How can you attend both an ALL boys school AND an ALL girls school.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problemstruckperson)
    Does this not make you a hermaphrodite? How can you attend both an ALL boys school AND an ALL girls school.....
    i was also wondering about this too....

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend goes to an all boys school and he's pretty good with girls, I mean he's been around boys all his life.
    And I suppose all it takes is confidence, but from what I read you have no self esteem at all, but to be honest, I'm sure you should have some
    Just be more confident around girls, don't act like we're aliens. (:

ReputationRep:
    Some one-sex schools have multi-sex sixth forms...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by femme)
    I know a reaaalllllyyy hot girl that goes to imperial. They do exist. Don't worry.
    is it you? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Imperial is a complete sausage fest, there's an abundance of weiners. However, you are in the centre of london and since when is your population sample of girls limited to within a university?

Imperial or not, it's totally down to you to make the effort and broaden your experience by putting yourself out there. It's london dude, it attracts the hottest chicks from all over europe...there are loads of international students, don't just limit your experience to within your uni.

In short, you need to go and do some hunting :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by femme)
    Really? According to my mate, hot girls and Imperial shouldn't appear together in the same sentence lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by problemstruckperson)
    maybe they mean they went to a girls school which had a mixed sixth form, but then technically it wouldn't be all girls

ReputationRep:
    The only Girls in my life are related !!

I live with my Sisters and Mother so i'm the only guy so i dont buckle when i talk to girls. This is because i'm used to talking to females.

Playboy King knows the Flex !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by femme)
    Pics or didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Have more confidence.

Wait for uni?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.