Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hi I've also got an interview at Office Shoe Store in Sheffield. Any hints and advice about what to expect? I was thinking of wearing fashionable clothes seeming as though its nothing formal just a fashion shoe shop so might wear a pastel textured floral short sleeved hem with a white top underneath; skinny jeans and some chestnut coloured UGG boots. :o:

About answering some questions I thought about telling them about my experience at work in Primark, been working there for 7 months and work in different departments when if staff are called in sick....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I've had the interview now, it just literally took 5 minutes. It was a brief interview about myself, what I do; if I am still working; why do I want to work for them, Why do I want to leave my current job?

Didn't wear anything special - just a white top, smart black trousers, black cardigan and a pair of some black flat shoes. :yes:

I hope I didn't go too far for answering those questions I really need the job! :o:

Edit: I practically forgot to ask them what uniform they provide!

But hey a jobs a job lol x

Does anyone work at Office - please feel free to add any notes...

ReputationRep:
    There is no uniform, you get an allowance to wear Office shoes, and discount obviously. Just wear anything that's non branded, i.e. Skinny jeans, shirt etc.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by k823127)
    There is no uniform, you get an allowance to wear Office shoes, and discount obviously. Just wear anything that's non branded, i.e. Skinny jeans, shirt etc.
    Hi do you work there, you seem to know about their procedures and things?

I am doubting that I will get the job and if they reject me they are likely to say "you haven't got the right skills I'm afraid"...

Well erm, if you thought my CV was good and you interviewed me then what was the point? :mad:

I got skills like maths and english and have experience of working in a highly popular fashion shop! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I worked there for a few months last year, i got the job however through my friend being the manager. Yeah you have as good a chance as any i guess.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I worked there for a few months last year, i got the job however through my friend being the manager. Yeah you have as good a chance as any i guess.
    How did you get the job - did they call you or did they write you a letter?

ReputationRep:
    My friend text me, but as i said i got the job as my friend was the manager, so different to your circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I had a interview at Office, last week, and decided against the advice on here to go fairly trendy rather than casual and wore some deck shoes with jeans and an open green plaid shirt over a tshirt.
    Although I do think some of the previous comments Ive read about you can never fail if you go dresses smart.

I got a phonecall back on the Monday after my interview to tell me I had the job, although I by coincidence bumped into the Manager who interviewed me, in the street the day before and he told me he would give me a call to make arrangements the next day as I had the job.

Alex

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to know how easy it is to get a job here with no previous experience, I handed my CV into the store today and where advertised they said there were vacancies for weekend staff. I'd just love to know if this was anyone's first job because I'm not sure how confident I feel, especially considering a lot of the people I will be competing with for the job will have previous retail experience. Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex James)
    I had a interview at Office, last week, and decided against the advice on here to go fairly trendy rather than casual and wore some deck shoes with jeans and an open green plaid shirt over a tshirt.
    Although I do think some of the previous comments Ive read about you can never fail if you go dresses smart.

I got a phonecall back on the Monday after my interview to tell me I had the job, although I by coincidence bumped into the Manager who interviewed me, in the street the day before and he told me he would give me a call to make arrangements the next day as I had the job.

Alex
    Did you just drop your cv in store or where there any vacancies signs about

ReputationRep:
    Ive been working for the company full time since august. I gave my cv directly to the store to a supervisor and didn't expect much in return seeing as I was looking everywhere and handing cvs everywhere last summer in desperate need of a job.

They rang me about a week later unexpectedly, and i answered only to find that they wanted to "ask me a few questions" which worried me cause i had no idea really what to say, i wasn't prepared at all....... the questions were like "name two brands office sell that arent vans/converse" and a couple of other vague questions about previous experience etc.

i passed that for some reason cause i joked about being a "shoe expert" (i used to work in clarks) obviously i thought .. oh noo ive just made myself look like an idiot.... luckily the supervisor who carried out the interview thought i was funny and rang me in another couple of days asking for a formal interview.

i turned up wearing a summer dress and grey vans cause it was hot in august. in my experience with retail jobs, it's just about how well you get along with the people who interview you. have a sense of humour and be yourself, be confident, let them know you're capable of doing the job properly.

even if you have no experience in work at all, my store just employed a 17 year old with no experience to work nearly as many hours as me, an office veteran, ;-) its just about your personality i suppose and whether you suit the role.

as a sales assistant you can wear what you want, just no tracksuits and no football shirts. youre likely to be given an 8 hr contract even if you want to work more hours so they can manipulate you (i know this first hand) but it means if you're doing other things like uni alongside working it can mean a very flexible job.

every store is probably different when it comes to the cv handling but your best bet is just to strut up to someone with a "service" lanyard on, smile and hand over that paper with confidence ;D

you're allowed discounts on the shoes and every sixth month you get a free pair of shoes as uniform, usually office brand not really trainers etc.

I really enjoy working for the company, so much so that i am looking to transfer back and forth between my uni store and this one (youre allowed to do that) and i wish anyone luck in getting a job

ReputationRep:
    My friend text me, but as i said i got the job as my friend was the manager, so different to your circumstances.
    Hi I have an interview for Assistant Manager do you know what the interview process is?..X

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview on Thursday! Any advice or tips on what I should be expecting? I've had a previous job but never had an interview so I'm slightly nervous!
    How long does the interview process normally last for and what is the best thing to wear? X

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an interview today for office shoe , I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the hourly rate of pay is. If you could get back to me ASAP would be great. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there can you tell me how much discount you get off of shoes and does this hole free pair of shoes for work still happen as I just got a job in the Aberdeen store today and if this is true I think I have died and fine to heaven having my dream job!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, there's a job vacancy in Office Shoes and I am looking to apply. I just need help with updating my CV. What are the things that I can include in my CV?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What is the rate of pay for a 16/17 year old?
    (Original post by Elliecampbell)
    Ive been working for the company full time since august. I gave my cv directly to the store to a supervisor and didn't expect much in return seeing as I was looking everywhere and handing cvs everywhere last summer in desperate need of a job.

They rang me about a week later unexpectedly, and i answered only to find that they wanted to "ask me a few questions" which worried me cause i had no idea really what to say, i wasn't prepared at all....... the questions were like "name two brands office sell that arent vans/converse" and a couple of other vague questions about previous experience etc.

i passed that for some reason cause i joked about being a "shoe expert" (i used to work in clarks) obviously i thought .. oh noo ive just made myself look like an idiot.... luckily the supervisor who carried out the interview thought i was funny and rang me in another couple of days asking for a formal interview.

i turned up wearing a summer dress and grey vans cause it was hot in august. in my experience with retail jobs, it's just about how well you get along with the people who interview you. have a sense of humour and be yourself, be confident, let them know you're capable of doing the job properly.

even if you have no experience in work at all, my store just employed a 17 year old with no experience to work nearly as many hours as me, an office veteran, ;-) its just about your personality i suppose and whether you suit the role.

as a sales assistant you can wear what you want, just no tracksuits and no football shirts. youre likely to be given an 8 hr contract even if you want to work more hours so they can manipulate you (i know this first hand) but it means if you're doing other things like uni alongside working it can mean a very flexible job.

every store is probably different when it comes to the cv handling but your best bet is just to strut up to someone with a "service" lanyard on, smile and hand over that paper with confidence ;D

you're allowed discounts on the shoes and every sixth month you get a free pair of shoes as uniform, usually office brand not really trainers etc.

I really enjoy working for the company, so much so that i am looking to transfer back and forth between my uni store and this one (youre allowed to do that) and i wish anyone luck in getting a job

(Original post by Elliecampbell)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been offered a job at Clarke's and I start training soon but I'm not sure what to wear.. When I went into the store I noticed that the staff on the shop floor wore all black and the staff in the store room had white shirts on with black trousers. Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    hello, just wondering, what did you take with you at the interview? they asked me to take my passport and NI with me plus something else i didnt quite get due to poor connection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tr3y)
    hello, just wondering, what did you take with you at the interview? they asked me to take my passport and NI with me plus something else i didnt quite get due to poor connection

hi I have an interview this week at Office and they asked me to take something in to represent office? does anyone have any ideas as I haven't got a clue what to take?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.