Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Definite rejection, right? watch

Announcements

I've known this girl in my flat for quite a long time (maybe 4 months), and we've been steadily getting closer together, to the point where we'll spend whole evenings together, talking. She has seemed to actively seek me out and have an excuse to come and knock on my door to talk. Just earlier this week, a couple of others in the flat, out of the blue, asked when I was going to ask her out. They thought it was "inevitable" that we'd go out at some point, considering the amount of time we spend together.

Anyway, the next day, bolstered by the encouragement from the flat, I texted her (giving her some room to prevent it being awkward, potentially), asking if she wanted to go see a film or something. She told me she'd bought tickets home for the weekend, just the previous night (which is true, I knew she was going home) - so I texted again asking whether she wanted to go that night, but she said she already had plans for going out.

So do people see that as rejection, or just unlucky circumstances? :confused:

Oh, and about flatmates being no-gos for relationships... I don't buy that

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't say definite rejection. The same night is obviously short notice

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky circumtsances. As you said before, she would go out of the way to talk to you. Definately not rejection.

ReputationRep:
    If she didn't suggest another time then it COULD be rejection. But I agree with the above post that the same night IS short notice and you could just be unlucky.

Now she knows you want to go on a 'date' I'd wait and see if she brings it up again first... give it a couple of days and if not maybe text one last time, asking when she's free and if she's up for anything! Otherwise leave it and don't lose the friendship!

Even better, try to get benefits Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    i wouldn't say definite rejection. The same night is obviously short notice
    :coma: tbh

(Original post by TownFanJamie)
    If she didn't suggest another time then it COULD be rejection. But I agree with the above post that the same night IS short notice and you could just be unlucky.

Now she knows you want to go on a 'date' I'd wait and see if she brings it up again first... give it a couple of days and if not maybe text one last time, asking when she's free and if she's up for anything! Otherwise leave it and don't lose the friendship!

Even better, try to get benefits Good luck!
    Well the film was Avatar, which she hasn't seen yet (and really wanted to see), and I told her that Thursday was the last showing here (which it was) - so I might speak to her when she gets back...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well the film was Avatar, which she hasn't seen yet (and really wanted to see), and I told her that Thursday was the last showing here (which it was) - so I might speak to her when she gets back...
    Keep us updated :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I think you'll have to wait until she gets back to find out. If she didn't say another time or something along those lines I'd say maybe she isn't desperate to do it but who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    can you pos rep me plz, i will if you would
    Why? I'm alright thanks, who cares about a sad reputation on an internet forum?

ReputationRep:
    Duuude. Dodged a bullet there. Every girl I've spoken to has said Avatar? Pffff.

Is Up still in the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    It could be an excuse but I think it's just unfortunate timing.
    Definitely try again! ..And let us all know what happens!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LOV3R)
    just to prove to myself I am worthy! is that good enough for ya?
    No.
    Work for it if it means that much to you. :lolwut:

Aww, came back, saw 18 replies, settled down for a ton of new advice, and I get a classic thread hijack

ReputationRep:
    Aww, came back, saw 18 replies, settled down for a ton of new advice, and I get a classic thread hijack
    Sorry, I'll ignore him now!
    I've offered my opinion on your situation but if you need any more advice then I'll be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    If she says no to this final showing of Avatar or puts it off in any way then stop being so persistent, or you will look desperate. Just stay cool, if she likes you after turning you down three times already after 'unlucky circumstances' the burden will be on her and she will make the next move.

I'm not saying blank her though, continue with your everyday convos and see if she brings it up to get an indication

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.