Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    BEANFEAST! You can make chilli (i'm veggie but it's much better for you and so delicious), Shephard's Pie, Spag Bol....and it's very very very cheap

ReputationRep:
    I think you should start a veggie soc. Im not one but there seems to be loads of you
    My dads new girlf is a veggie and we have a massive veggie cookbook which he was tralling through earlier. I had a quick look but all the recipes seemed really complicted or expensive. Also How many of you veggies eat corgette?? Cos loadsa veggie recipes seem to involve it and i hate it with a passion so id struggle with a lot of things i think.

ReputationRep:
    Courgettes are lovely, although I think I eat most vegetables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyKe)
    I think you should start a veggie soc. Im not one but there seems to be loads of you
    My dads new girlf is a veggie and we have a massive veggie cookbook which he was tralling through earlier. I had a quick look but all the recipes seemed really complicted or expensive. Also How many of you veggies eat corgette?? Cos loadsa veggie recipes seem to involve it and i hate it with a passion so id struggle with a lot of things i think.
    There is a veggie soc I think. I'm supposed to be in it but I haven't got the little symbol thing.

I hate corgette. And mushroom. But they decide to put the two vegetables I hate in everything vegetarian!! EVIL!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SexyKe)
    Also How many of you veggies eat corgette?? Cos loadsa veggie recipes seem to involve it and i hate it with a passion so id struggle with a lot of things i think.
    Corgettes are great, I have them on pizza, in pasta sauce, in lasagnes, with roast potatoes - with nearlly everything.

Eggplants are good too - cut into small cubes and fry for a while until they are soft, then dab off the oil and add them to cottage cheese and cut up tomatoes and loads of pepper and herbs and such like. Put in the fridge and eat it with toasted bread. One tub of cottage cheese if normally enough for two days. I think I'll do that now actually...

a really quick thing to do if you are in a hurry and lazy is baked feta cheese - put the feta cheese in an aluminium foil lined dish (saves a lot of washing up) add tomatoes, onions, rosemary, some peppers if you want, olives if you like them etc., some olive oil over the top (or sunflower oil if you don't have olive oil) and bake in the oven for 15 min. and eat with some bread.

ReputationRep:
    try to boil dal - ( indian pulses ) , fry some curry leaves with mustard seeds and some chilli powder and pour the boiled dal (the dal has to be in the form of semi solid) and allow it to simmer for a couple of mins. Cook some rice, toast a papad and u'll have a nice filling easy meal! It takes less than 15 mins to make and very tasty and filling! Hope i've been of some help ! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheh)
    There is a veggie soc I think. I'm supposed to be in it but I haven't got the little symbol thing.

I hate corgette. And mushroom. But they decide to put the two vegetables I hate in everything vegetarian!! EVIL!!
    no, they put the vegetables I hate in everything... peas, mushrooms and sweetcorn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r_raghav11)
    try to boil dal - ( indian pulses ) , fry some curry leaves with mustard seeds and some chilli powder and pour the boiled dal (the dal has to be in the form of semi solid) and allow it to simmer for a couple of mins. Cook some rice, toast a papad and u'll have a nice filling easy meal! It takes less than 15 mins to make and very tasty and filling! Hope i've been of some help ! :rolleyes:
    sounds yummy! now if only I could buy dal, curry leaves and chilli powder here... - oh well, they'll have those ingredients in the UK I'm sure, so I can try that at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    no, they put the vegetables I hate in everything... peas, mushrooms and sweetcorn.
    mushrooms blerk - know what u mean. they're in bloody everything.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.