Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_joy)
    Sorry, didn't mean to wind you up. They aren't easy as such, especially not at a good uni like UCL. But they are easier in the sense that workload is less structured and all of them require less contact hours than for example Chemsitry- if any Coldplay member did something like Chem, they only instrument they would have had time to use would be a lab spectrometer.
    The reason that degrees like English literature have less contact hours is that it has been deemed more productive for the students to go and read the necessary material themselves than to have it read to them. Degrees like pharmacology necessarily have more contact hours because the degree is lab-based. Contact hours are a poor way to quantify the difficulty of a degree.

ReputationRep:
    On my profile page, I challenge you to figure out my username.

Put the pieces together!

DON'T you DARE insult Coldplay. I will kill you. :yep:

And as said

- Chris Martin went to Sherborne School, then went to UCL to study Greek and Latin. He captained the 2nd Hockey team and met Guy, Will and Jonny in Ramsay Hall. They used to busk on seperate floors (i.e. Will upstairs on the guitar, Chris singing below, etc.) and "bonded through drinking too much Carlsberg". Guy initially hated Chris as he was so mental, with his BIG hair!

- Guy Berryman, as said before, started Engineering, dropped out after a year and started an architecture degree. After dropping out again, he spoke to my schools Headmaster, who was a family friend of Guys parents. He tried to convince him to stay, but he said he was going to make it big with "this band called Starfish", which was (one of) their original names.

- Jonny Buckland did (as stated before) Astronomy and Mathmatics.

- Will Champion did Anthropology. He had never played the drums before joining them, and Chris reckons he is the most musically talented out of all them. He was kicked out of the band after a few days, because Chris blamed their bad timing on his drumming. They tried to use a drum synth but it didn't work. So Guy and Jonny forced Chris to apologise, and ask Will to return. They did this in a pub drinking cranberry and vodka - Chris said it is his most hated drink ever. Incidentally, the lyrics for "Trouble" come from this event. There very nearly wasn't Coldplay as we know it. :eek:

They then left and got a flat together in Camden, where they would practise all night.

One of the reasons I want to go to Ramsay is because they met there. I'm a tad sad I know!!!1one :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CMJBGBWC)
    On my profile page, I challenge you to figure out my username.

Put the pieces together!

DON'T you DARE insult Coldplay. I will kill you. :yep:

And as said

- Chris Martin went to Sherborne School, then went to UCL to study Greek and Latin. He captained the 2nd Hockey team and met Guy, Will and Jonny in Ramsay Hall. They used to busk on seperate floors (i.e. Will upstairs on the guitar, Chris singing below, etc.) and "bonded through drinking too much Carlsberg". Guy initially hated Chris as he was so mental, with his BIG hair!

- Guy Berryman, as said before, started Engineering, dropped out after a year and started an architecture degree. After dropping out again, he spoke to my schools Headmaster, who was a family friend of Guys parents. He tried to convince him to stay, but he said he was going to make it big with "this band called Starfish", which was (one of) their original names.

- Jonny Buckland did (as stated before) Astronomy and Mathmatics.

- Will Champion did Anthropology. He had never played the drums before joining them, and Chris reckons he is the most musically talented out of all them. He was kicked out of the band after a few days, because Chris blamed their bad timing on his drumming. They tried to use a drum synth but it didn't work. So Guy and Jonny forced Chris to apologise, and ask Will to return. They did this in a pub drinking cranberry and vodka - Chris said it is his most hated drink ever. Incidentally, the lyrics for "Trouble" come from this event. There very nearly wasn't Coldplay as we know it. :eek:

They then left and got a flat together in Camden, where they would practise all night.

One of the reasons I want to go to Ramsay is because they met there. I'm a tad sad I know!!!1one :woo:
    Wow, true fan! :p:

Interesting anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    They're cool kids... they refused to sign their contract IIRC until they'd completed their finals. :p:

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.