Turn on thread page Beta

So frustrated man. Post injury lockdown. watch

ReputationRep:
    Just, **** this **** man. Been lifting for 3 months now and i've just accepted that its a ******* mountain to get back to my former level of progress pre-2 lung ops.

For a start, free weights are taking their toll on how i'm feeling and i've been using machines for the last couple of weeks, just total absolute ******** because i know those 2 ops really made me a hell of a lot weaker forever. I've gone from benching 100+kg on a barbell bench press pre op to ******* pussying around on a 'hammer strength chest press' machine. No deadlifts, no squats, i just ain't cut out for it anymore, i can feel my body saying no and thats the end of it.

The obvious consequence of using machines is that it targets such a limited range of muscles. I feel at the minute that i am holding a lot of fat, which i didn't when i was using free weights pre op and using as many muscles as possible as stabilizers.

Should i just carry on with the machines or what?

ReputationRep:
    im not a doctor or anything but if your struggling with the machines then i would suggest keep trying them, try and conquer all the machines competently before moving on ?
    itll be a slow long journey to get where you once were. but id also suggest to see the doctor.

what do you mean taking their toll? your getting breathless? or just cant lift what you used to be able to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YL_LDN)
    Just, **** this **** man. Been lifting for 3 months now and i've just accepted that its a ******* mountain to get back to my former level of progress pre-2 lung ops.

For a start, free weights are taking their toll on how i'm feeling and i've been using machines for the last couple of weeks, just total absolute ******** because i know those 2 ops really made me a hell of a lot weaker forever. I've gone from benching 100+kg on a barbell bench press pre op to ******* pussying around on a 'hammer strength chest press' machine. No deadlifts, no squats, i just ain't cut out for it anymore, i can feel my body saying no and thats the end of it.

The obvious consequence of using machines is that it targets such a limited range of muscles. I feel at the minute that i am holding a lot of fat, which i didn't when i was using free weights pre op and using as many muscles as possible as stabilizers.

Should i just carry on with the machines or what?
    Why don't you just use the free weights and use, y'know ... less weight?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.