Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i need help coming up with ideas for my A2 biology coursework. i am the only person in my class who hasnt even started, everyone else is nearly on their second draft. my original one was on enzymes but the results got mucked up and then the second one was about leaf decay, designed for autumn but thanks to my exams i never could get started so i am really desperate for any ideas.
    i was thinking about doing one on daphnia cos theres lots to write about ethics-wise but another girl already did effects of caffiene and alcohol on daphnia.
    i know more anout plants, enzymes, dapnia so if anyone could expand on that but if not
    any ideas welcome
    thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evilzadi)
    hi, i need help coming up with ideas for my A2 biology coursework. i am the only person in my class who hasnt even started, everyone else is nearly on their second draft. my original one was on enzymes but the results got mucked up and then the second one was about leaf decay, designed for autumn but thanks to my exams i never could get started so i am really desperate for any ideas.
    i was thinking about doing one on daphnia cos theres lots to write about ethics-wise but another girl already did effects of caffiene and alcohol on daphnia.
    i know more anout plants, enzymes, dapnia so if anyone could expand on that but if not
    any ideas welcome
    thanks a lot
    Can it be anything? I did my A2 coursework on memory, it was really interesting and lots to write about!! You can research into dementia etc.. I had to make a questionaire for 20+ people of different ages.

Then the test involved - remembering 10 + different objects on a tray for 1-2 minutes then they had 1-2 minutes to write them all down!
    Had some fun doing it! Especially with my 82 year old Grandad - he did quite good and got the same score as a few people my age!

ReputationRep:
    Wait i thought its not allowed to do any of the Cores that were done throughout the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    Wait i thought its not allowed to do any of the Cores that were done throughout the course?
    you can but then you have to show how you changed it from AS to A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Can it be anything? I did my A2 coursework on memory, it was really interesting and lots to write about!! You can research into dementia etc.. I had to make a questionaire for 20+ people of different ages.

Then the test involved - remembering 10 + different objects on a tray for 1-2 minutes then they had 1-2 minutes to write them all down!
    Had some fun doing it! Especially with my 82 year old Grandad - he did quite good and got the same score as a few people my age!

they say anything but we have limited resources etc
    the dementia/memory sounds cool but i thought using humans would be difficult cos theres so many varibles and hard to control as no 2 humans are the same.

what kind of results did you get. would it be possible for me to have a look at ur work if you still have and it you don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a clue where to find the damn marking criteria for this crappy coursework???

I have already downloaded and read the help sheet thing about rationale and risk assesment i just want the bloody mark scheme...

for the first time ever the internet has failed me...

Please reply within the next 4-6 hours as my first draft is due tomorrow at 12:00 pm....

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks in advance...

ReputationRep:
    crisis averted people!!! i found it nestled into the specification on page 92-95 if anywone wants to know where to find it...
    the specification is on the edexcel biology page...

ReputationRep:
    can anyone recommend a site or give an exampler of what an A grade piece of coursework would look like or what it would need to contain cos I'm completely lost wit my biology coursework

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Demo*)
    can anyone recommend a site or give an exampler of what an A grade piece of coursework would look like or what it would need to contain cos I'm completely lost wit my biology coursework
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    Arr...i really need help wit da a2 bio coursework.....can sum1 plz help. i dn;t no whether to do it o2 saturation and effect on insects, creatine, microbiology....

ReputationRep:
    I am starting my A level biology coursework tomorrow, due in for 15th so leaving it kinda late lol =) anyway if there are any examples out there it would be great to have a look at them.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the coursework deadline? for all candidates who are doing SNAB...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hupper12345)
    Does anyone know the coursework deadline? for all candidates who are doing SNAB...?
    Think its sometime in may is the ultimate cut off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakaa)
    Think its sometime in may is the ultimate cut off
    Thanks shakaa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavster92)
    crisis averted people!!! i found it nestled into the specification on page 92-95 if anywone wants to know where to find it...
    the specification is on the edexcel biology page...
    can u post the link

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any pointers for the AS essay we had to write for biology newsnab unit 3

ReputationRep:
    im doing my experiment on the effect of the concentration of honey on the growth of bacteria. I've got 2 different bacteria and i'm also using 2 different honeys to see which works better. Does anyone know which statistical test i'm supposed to use, spearmans rank, ki squared, student t test, mann u whitney?? any ideas

ReputationRep:
    Can some1 explain to me more about the memory coursework , how can i gete values and what test to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)

Hii i decided to do my course work about memory. Is there any chance you can help on what to put in this course work?? also what grade did u get for this course work... really hope you see this!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 27, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.