Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, I'm a 19 year old male and my girlfriend has been having some problems downstairs. She's been getting a "thick-clumpy" discharge and apparently it smells a bit weird. She thinks it may be thrush but it's the third time she's had it in about half a year, which is uncommon for thrush apparently. She's gone to the doctors and is waiting for her results. I know this is TSR and not a doctors clinic, but she's getting a bit worried and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be if it wasn't thrush? I have no symptoms, and we've both used thrush treatments each time she's had it.

Could it be an STD? Thanks for any replies
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, I'm a 19 year old male and my girlfriend has been having some problems downstairs. She's been getting a "thick-clumpy" discharge and apparently it smells a bit weird. She thinks it may be thrush but it's the third time she's had it in about half a year, which is uncommon for thrush apparently. She's gone to the doctors and is waiting for her results. I know this is TSR and not a doctors clinic, but she's getting a bit worried and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what it could be if it wasn't thrush? I have no symptoms, and we've both used thrush treatments each time she's had it.

Could it be an STD? Thanks for any replies
    Sounds most likely to be thrush and it's not uncommon for reoccurance (a lot of thrush could possibly be a sign that she's diabetic?). If it's not thrush then it could be a UTI, or an STD. However, if neither of you has slept with anyone else, it is unlikely to be an STD.

ReputationRep:
    Thrush can be brought about by many things. Too much sex, irritating soaps, badly fitting underwear, periods are another trigger. If you get thrush you are susceptible to get it again and again. Natural yogurt is really good for stabilising bacteria in there and reducting moulds and fungi that could take up root if everything isnt in balance.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry for now but just make sure she doesn't wear too tight jeans/underwear, keeps clean and don't have sex while she has the symptoms.
    I'm not an expert but I don't think it sounds like an STI, especially if she or you haven't had sex with any other person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.