Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That's it. **** Natwest.

I've been charged 3 months in a row now, for not reinstating my current account above 0.00 after being fined. It's a vicious circle, and they clearly aren't letting up.

I posted a thread about 6 weeks back about going ******* in the branch, which I didn't do as harshly as the thrtead suggested, but I did nonetheless. They assured me everything would be sorted, and they removed their spuriously justified fine.

Next month (today), it's happened again. I'm phoning up tomorrow and raising hell. Then I shall go down to the branch and raise further hell. This is all before withdrawing all my money, and going elsewhere.

Can't they ******* understand I can't pay back the fine instantly? Otherwise I wouldn't be in this pissing situation in the first place.

**** you Natwest, you pirate *******s.

ReputationRep:
    If you breach the terms and conditions every month they fine you every month.
    What's not to understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    If you breach the terms and conditions every month they fine you every month.
    What's not to understand?
    I'm 'breaching' them due to their fines imposed upon falsified grounds. I am not putting myself into debt. THEY are.

It's akin to fining a University student every month, when they're £1,500 in the red. Obviously they can't pay it post-haste.

ReputationRep:
    Can't just just borrow the money off someone? I'm sure NatWest don't charge you like £25/£50 like HSBC do just for going overdrawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamkund)
    I'm 'breaching' them due to their fines imposed upon falsified grounds. I am not putting myself into debt. THEY are.

It's akin to fining a University student every month, when they're £1,500 in the red. Obviously they can't pay it post-haste.
    The first fine must have come from you going overdrawn. Fines don't appear out of nowhere. But the fines don't usually take effect instantly, and you're advised of this, which gives you plenty of time to come up with the cash.

From what I can tell, they're doing nothing wrong at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    The first fine must have come from you going overdrawn. Fines don't appear out of nowhere. But the fines don't usually take effect instantly, and you're advised of this, which gives you plenty of time to come up with the cash.

From what I can tell, they're doing nothing wrong at all.
    Of course it was, as you say; they don't appear out of nowhere. I am paid monthly, like most people are, and thus can only repay the debt once I have the money to do so. This was approximately 10 days after the fine was imposed.

My original thread referred to them not sending a warning letter, to which is a breach of their T&C. They said it was 'lost' in transit. A cunning excuse. Due to my late repayment, I was fined twice in a row even though the money wasn't physically available.

Like any other self-respecting person, I took action instead of taking it in the brown eye.

ReputationRep:
    That's it. **** Natwest.

I've been charged 3 months in a row now, for not reinstating my current account above 0.00 after being fined. It's a vicious circle, and they clearly aren't letting up.

I posted a thread about 6 weeks back about going ******* in the branch, which I didn't do as harshly as the thrtead suggested, but I did nonetheless. They assured me everything would be sorted, and they removed their spuriously justified fine.

Next month (today), it's happened again. I'm phoning up tomorrow and raising hell. Then I shall go down to the branch and raise further hell. This is all before withdrawing all my money, and going elsewhere.

Can't they ******* understand I can't pay back the fine instantly? Otherwise I wouldn't be in this pissing situation in the first place.

**** you Natwest, you pirate *******s.
    So why did you get the first fine?

ReputationRep:
    Can't just just borrow the money off someone? I'm sure NatWest don't charge you like £25/£50 like HSBC do just for going overdrawn.
    I don't have an overdraft and they never ever charged me for being in the red :lolwut:. Instead I just get a letter asking me if I have troubles with money. That said, it may be because of my account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quady)
    So why did you get the first fine?
    Card payment. I have a habit of using plastic for everything.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it was, as you say; they don't appear out of nowhere. I am paid monthly, like most people are, and thus can only repay the debt once I have the money to do so. This was approximately 10 days after the fine was imposed.

My original thread referred to them not sending a warning letter, to which is a breach of their T&C. They said it was 'lost' in transit. A cunning excuse. Due to my late repayment, I was fined twice in a row even though the money wasn't physically available.

Like any other self-respecting person, I took action instead of taking it in the brown eye.
    Right, well, I've gone over my overdraft with NatWest and they've send me a letter straight away. So I'm going to take their side and say yeah, the letter was probably sent and lost. You know what Royal Mail are like. A couple up North recently received a letter which had been lost in the post for something like 26 years.

If you don't pay the fine, you're still owing them money, and so there's no reason why they shouldn't charge you again, like interest. Heavy interest mind, but then, it's not arranged credit.

I completely understand why you're annoyed, but they've really done nothing wrong. If you know you're going to get paid and fined again, borrow the money for the fine (it can't be too much) and then pay whoever you lend it from back when you get paid. What's the charge - £10? I'm sure you can find someone to lend you a tenner for a bit.

(Original post by Anatheme)
    I don't have an overdraft and they never ever charged me for being in the red :lolwut:. Instead I just get a letter asking me if I have troubles with money. That said, it may be because of my account.
    Yeah, I went overdrawn once on my like 14-16 HSBC account and didn't get fined lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm with you here. I'm with Barclays.

I first got fined down to my own fault - going overdrawn. However, I didn't have an agreed overdraft so I didn't think I could go overdrawn. The fact that they gave me the option to go overdrawn when I hadn't agreed anything with them is a bit of a pisstake.

They fined me £30 for the first £5 overdrawn, then another £30 for the next transaction and then ANOTHER £30 for the next transaction.

Then I was ******! £90 fine. Then the next month I had to do the same as I didn't have enough money! Until it got ridiculous & I was paying £90 fines every single month. They are thieving *******!

So I went in & asked for an overdraft - which they wouldn't let me have as I was always overdrawn!!!!

OF COURSE I'M ALWAYS ******* OVERDRAWN!

So in the end I borrowed £200 from my parents & told the bank not to let me go overdrawn. Now it's all sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Right, well, I've gone over my overdraft with NatWest and they've send me a letter straight away. So I'm going to take their side and say yeah, the letter was probably sent and lost. You know what Royal Mail are like. A couple up North recently received a letter which had been lost in the post for something like 26 years.

If you don't pay the fine, you're still owing them money, and so there's no reason why they shouldn't charge you again, like interest. Heavy interest mind, but then, it's not arranged credit.

I completely understand why you're annoyed, but they've really done nothing wrong. If you know you're going to get paid and fined again, borrow the money for the fine (it can't be too much) and then pay whoever you lend it from back when you get paid. What's the charge - £10? I'm sure you can find someone to lend you a tenner for a bit.

Yeah, I went overdrawn once on my like 14-16 HSBC account and didn't get fined lol
    £35 a time. £105 in total. I've paid it off now, though heads will roll.

ReputationRep:
    £35 a time. £105 in total. I've paid it off now, though heads will roll.
    HSBC is £50 a pop if I remember rightly.

Ah well, lesson learnt?

ReputationRep:
    HSBC is £50 a pop if I remember rightly.

Ah well, lesson learnt?
    Indeedy. Though I'm still going to have to rape something in the anal cavity for the stars to realign themselves.

Bon soir!

ReputationRep:
    Ah the £30 Natwest fines. My friend has experienced these quite frequently. He ended up leaving them in the end and going to Barclays. They still charge fees for unpaid transactions but not as harsh as £30! £8 I think at the most...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zazzbag)
    Ah the £30 Natwest fines. My friend has experienced these quite frequently. He ended up leaving them in the end and going to Barclays. They still charge fees for unpaid transactions but not as harsh as £30! £8 I think at the most...
    Technically they fine you twice. Once for £20, and another for £15.

It's like a one-two punch. One in the ballsack, followed by another in the jaw.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.