Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh hai

So the past few months at uni I have reverted back to disorganised life of drinking and not eating properly, smoking too much and other naughty things which are counter-swole. The times I have went to the gym I haven't lost much strength but I don't push myself as much as before. I have trained legs a handful of times and my legs are smaller than they were when I was a 'squatting is hardcore' noob afew years ago.

Now however my student loan is running low and I don't exactly have much money to continue this hedonistic lifestyle so it's time to focus getting my swole on again.

I keep on going through periods of lifting properly and seeing good gains then pissing around not eating and getting weaker/smaller. It's like two steps forwards one step back.

All time best lifts -

Deadlift - 190kg
    DB Bench - 40kg DBs x5
    Military Press - 62.5kg
    Bent Over Row - 100kg x5
    Squat - 140kg x can't remember it's been so long since I squatted regularly

Goals for the next few months

Going to hit the big 3 hard again, deadlift is around the same still and I don't flat bench at all instead I've been working on incline benching which has resulted in stretch marks past few weeks even though I haven't been eating properly.

Going to hit legs hard and regain my jumbo arse I used to have. Squatting heavy again will hit my smoker's lungs like a sack of ****, but need to get decent legs again.

I've stocked up on tonnes of eggs, frozen mince, rice and chicken fillets but I also eat pretty dirty too when possible while staying lean all the time (most ecto genes ever). I also have a load of creatine, whey, oats, but half the time I can't be arsed making them, will try and get 2-3 a day and always one post workout. I'm also going to start adding olive oil to them to fill my skinny ass out.

Recentish pics

Where I came from

Routine

Been attempting to fit this routine in between hangovers/comedowns but I will stick to it properly. 4 day split, Mon, Tues, Thur, Fri.

Chest & Triceps Day

Incline Bench
    Dips 3x6-12
    Cable Crossover
    Overhead DB Ext
    Bar Push-down 3-4x10-12

Back, Biceps & Forearms

Deadlift
    Bent Over Row/T-Bar Row 3x8-12
    BTN Pull-down 3x8-12
    Seated Cable Row – 2x8-12
    Biceps

Legs

Squat – 4x5
    Leg Press – 3x10-20
    Leg Curl – 3x10-12
    Leg Ext – 3x10-12
    Calf Raises – 3x10-15

Shoulders & Explosive Bench

Seated DB Press – 4x8-10
    DB Laterl Raise - 3x8-12
    Cable Raises/Facepulls
    BB Shrugs – 4x8-12
    Explosive Incline Bench Press

I like to follow a routine loosely and just do whatever though, for example dropsets for arms. Biceps I do anything, tris also. I always do a heavy compound first then meh. I do abs whenever I feel like it.

Going to take getting the big 3 up more seriously but also just focus every lift going up like I was doing on DC which gave me the best gains.

Either more reps per workout or more weight every time.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck pal, you've defo come far since that first ever pic!

Get those lifts up

ReputationRep:
    What are you weighin' in at dude? Looking swole lol, makes me wanna diet for once in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Christ, is the last photo what you used to be? :O ******* awesome gains if so. I guess just cut out your crap diet and ease back into the routine.

ReputationRep:
    Diet atm isn't really crap, I just don't eat enough. Past few days I've upped the amount food again which has in turn made me feel constantly hungry.

Every day I basically eat the same thing.

Breakfast without fail is fried eggs, bacon, cheese toasties and coffee
    Dinner is usually chicken/beef with pasta or rice and some vegetables
    After that and inbetween I eat anything; moar meals, junk, tonnes of cereal/bread, dominos, plus shakes going to be 50g whey, 50g oats (would be 100g but I'm running out), creatine and olive oil

Never followed a strict diet I just always aim to eat MOAR of everything

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Gancor/Fluxd, if i may ask, will you be cycling?

ReputationRep:
    Can't afford it for the time being.

Gun go du back.

ReputationRep:
    Mediocre workout

Deadlift - 60kg x8, 100kg x8, 120kg x5, 130kg x5, 140kg x3, 150kg x2 - Form abit crap need to train body how to do them properly again, also sweaty palms
    BTN Pulldown - 45kg x10, 75kg x8, 80kg x5, x5, 70kg x8, 60kg x8, 45kg x10 - Thumbs unwrapped strict form, last set of 45 had mega slow negative, I go to just to base of skull
    T-Bar row - 1 plate x10, 2 pl x8, 3pl x5, x5, 2.5pl x5, 2pl x8, 1pl x10 - Thumbs unwrapped again to focus on back, holding at top, not much rest between sets, lower back fuuuu'd
    EZ Bar Curl - 27.5kg x8, 37.5kg x8, 40kg x5, x5, x3 - Biceps weaker
    Lying Cable Face Curl - Meh x12, 12, 12 - Funny exercise wanted to try it
    Reverse EZ Bar Curl
    Pissing around for bi pump crap

ReputationRep:
    Leg DOMs unbearable.

Did box squats, power clean, leg press, romanian deads, leg curl, leg ext the other day.

Now I can hardly walk even though it was lightish.

Off to do chest and buy some threadz for tonight's festivities.

ReputationRep:
    How old were you on the "Where you started from" pic, how long ago was it taken?

ReputationRep:
    You on a mdrol cycle now? What have you got for PCT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    You on a mdrol cycle now? What have you got for PCT?
    PCT is nolva and a test booster with other stuff in so I should make good gains even on PCT.

While taking mdrol going to also take 20g creatine a day, 150-200g whey, 300g oats, fish oil, 200% RDA vitamins. Oh and also chocolate flavoured cycle support which has milk thistle, and bunch of other crappy herbs mixed together to protect liver.

And to above I was 16 when I started, and I am 19 now, although I have had year long breaks from lifting where I drank and screwed up my body and basically went back to square one.

ReputationRep:
    holy **** @ before/after pics. impressive man

What a cracking program DC is - got same great gains when I ran it - and pushed me through my bench plateau. I still implement some of the ideas now, great stuff

Good luck with the cycle, any chance of before/after pics

ReputationRep:
    I might do DC now actually, currently do the split I posted in first post but DC is epic.

The rest pausing idea never fails in making you get stronger or grow.

Aye thats what I liked about it, the constant progression no matter what, and it kicked lagging bodyparts into gear.

Streches can be fun too, I still do a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday's workout

Back/Bis

Deadlift - 60kg x5, 100kg x5, 120kg x5, 140kg x5, 150kg x1, 160kg x1, 170kg x1, 175kg x1 - Last deadlift session was 150kg x2, 25kg jump due to muscle memory, getting used to form again and supps. Had ab DOMs
    Pullup - BW x8 - Was waiting for lat pulldown
    BTN Pulldown - 45kg x10, 65kg x5, 75kg x8, 80kg x5, x5, 75kg x6, 60kg x8, 45kg x6 - Strict form, can't cheat with BTN pulldowns, unwrapped thumbs
    DB Row - 42.5kg x8, 45kg x8, x8 - Haven't done them in ages, will start doing them again, 45 felt lightish
    EZ Bar Curl - 32.5kg x8, 37.5kg 8,6,5 - Biceps were too tired
    DB Hammer Curl - 20kg DBs - Can't remember reps just 3 sets to failure
    Cable Curls

ReputationRep:
    I need to post in here regularly but I can never be arsed.

Anyway dead back to 190, hoping for 200 Tuesday (I tried but couldn't even move it off the ground).

Missed legs Friday due to going out Thur, so I next week I will do Chest/Tri, Back/Box Squats/Bis, Delts, Legs, just to give extra boost.

Anyway I am eating like a horse and I'm back at parents house for a while so I am rinsing their cupboards of food, look alot thicker in the torso. Chest especially coming on well.

To be honest I don't really care what I squat I prefer to deadlift. Hitting lats, upper back, rear delts, traps hard. Box squats for hams/arse and I'll just do tonnes of isolation and leg press for quads I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    I need to post in here regularly but I can never be arsed.

Anyway dead back to 190, hoping for 200 Tuesday (I tried but couldn't even move it off the ground).

Missed legs Friday due to going out Thur, so I next week I will do Chest/Tri, Back/Box Squats/Bis, Delts, Legs, just to give extra boost.

Anyway I am eating like a horse and I'm back at parents house for a while so I am rinsing their cupboards of food, look alot thicker in the torso. Chest especially coming on well.

To be honest I don't really care what I squat I prefer to deadlift. Hitting lats, upper back, rear delts, traps hard. Box squats for hams/arse and I'll just do tonnes of isolation and leg press for quads I think.
    Some impressive stuff :cool: , would like to see you post more.
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Yea I got 200kg dead last week.

Today I did a deload and just did 150kg x5, 160kg x3, 170kg x1 then btn pulldown/db rows, incline curls and ez bar curls with wrist bent back (puts all strain on bis) and then also reverse curls to finish.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.