Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    we started C2 this term after the C1 exam in january, and so far things have been fine, fairly do-able. i'm only about halfway through chapter 2, covering the sine and cosine rule, so that may be why i'm finding it easier than the stuff at the end of C1.
    we're using http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...ref=sib_rdr_dp - these books, by the way.

(edit: i tried to do a link and it didn't work. sorry -_-; )

however, you know when you get really, truly stuck on a question or two towards the end of an excercise? the worked examples don't seem to help with or cover the hard questions, you can't find any help on the intrawebs, and you don't want to wait to ask the teacher/get a reply on a forum.

what do you do? because i just get really frustrated after a while, and so i was wondering if anyone knew of some good books/resources that do worked questions for some of the harder ones?
    i've checked the edexcel website, but they only have revision books, which are good for before exams but not really what i'm looking for.

any advice would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladdodger)
    we started C2 this term after the C1 exam in january, and so far things have been fine, fairly do-able. i'm only about halfway through chapter 2, covering the sine and cosine rule, so that may be why i'm finding it easier than the stuff at the end of C1.
    we're using http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...ref=sib_rdr_dp - these books, by the way.

(edit: i tried to do a link and it didn't work. sorry -_-; )

however, you know when you get really, truly stuck on a question or two towards the end of an excercise? the worked examples don't seem to help with or cover the hard questions, you can't find any help on the intrawebs, and you don't want to wait to ask the teacher/get a reply on a forum.

what do you do? because i just get really frustrated after a while, and so i was wondering if anyone knew of some good books/resources that do worked questions for some of the harder ones?
    i've checked the edexcel website, but they only have revision books, which are good for before exams but not really what i'm looking for.

the books which you are you using has worked examples and I think it is the best!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saladdodger)

First, you got to learn a bit of patience

Second, understand that version of the text book was new for the 2004 specification and contains some stuff/questions from the older, more difficult one. So don't panic if the odd thing doesn't quite make sense without teacher help.

This newer version of the text book has a CD with worked solutions, though not to every possible thing
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book...-Mathematics-2

This resource from edexcel has past exam questions (which is what most of the end of chapter questions tend to be) with worked solutions
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book...ook-and-CD-ROM

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we have the newer versions of those books in school and I find them better than the older ones.
    Especially with the CD.
    Tbh though some of those questions in the last parts of the excercises are far harder than any of the exams questions so don't get too frustrated if you don't get them right first time round.

ReputationRep:
    get a bent copy of solution bank off ebay and have done with it
    best 2 or 3 quid you will spend

ReputationRep:
    Go to the maths resource thread, and download the solution bank. It's on the first couple of posts. The solution bank works through the questions

ReputationRep:
    http://www.teachnet-uk.org.uk/2007%2...ets/index.html

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the responses (:

"the books which you are you using has worked examples and I think it is the best!!!"
    yeah, they're really helpful, but sometimes i can't seem to apply it to the harder questions at the end of exercises. :/

about the solutionbank:
    we've got the new books for m1, and i tried using the cd for it the other day, but it was just a copy of the book on the computer... couldn't find or work out how to download the solutionbank.
    i'm crap at anything computerish, though so... idk, i downloaded something off the internet that it said you had to have to run it. it was called mathsplayersetup.exe i think. it didn't make any difference though; i click on the green pearshaped 's' button on the pages and nothing happens.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.