The Student Room Group
Hi
Most universities have burseries that you might be eligible for on a means tested basis. You should also try googling money for med students, as that lists a whole load of charities that are willing to donate money to pay for specific things and you may be eligible for some of them too.
ilovehotchocolate
Hi
Most universities have burseries that you might be eligible for on a means tested basis. You should also try googling money for med students, as that lists a whole load of charities that are willing to donate money to pay for specific things and you may be eligible for some of them too.

You are determined.
Reply 3
EU and home students have (compared to many countries!) relatively low fees, and all get a loan and/or grant to cover fees and to go towards living costs. It's means-tested. Universities often provide extra bursaries for people from low income households or sometimes, as an incentive, for those who achieve AAA or more. All this means scholarships aren't really necessary (in theory. It's not a perfect system).

International students (I guess you're not from the EU) have to pay much, much higher fees as they're not subsidised by the government. There are bursaries and scholarships available (including possibly from your own country), but you have to hunt around for them. Remember that all UK medical schools have a quota for international students imposed on them so competition for places and money is fierce.
does anyone know any other?
Reply 5
Dr.Black Knight
does anyone know any other?

As far as I'm aware there are none at entrant level..
international students don't have much
Reply 7
Considering medical school in the UK for an overseas student is £100,000+ and in another thread you said £47 a week for volunteering abroad is too expensive for you. Considering that is HALF my accomodation alone a week, how on earth can you expect to pay for medical school? You are looking at between £100-£250 pounds a week (depending on where in the country you go) WITHOUT tuition fees to go to medical school. As a overseas student, you are looking at £20,000+ a year tuition fees, with no loans or grants.

There is not going to be any scholarship that offers that kind of money. Most offer about £1000 or £5000 if you're really lucky a year from what I've seen. If your only way of financing medical school in the UK is to hope to be given the money, I think you need to seriously rethink your plans. You also asked what to do in your gap year in a different thread, don't waste money on travelling the world, you can't afford it. Get a job and try to start saving these thousands of pounds you will need to study here.
I don't know of any.
Reply 9
krisblade
Considering medical school in the UK for an overseas student is £100,000+ and in another thread you said £47 a week for volunteering abroad is too expensive for you. Considering that is HALF my accomodation alone a week, how on earth can you expect to pay for medical school? You are looking at between £100-£250 pounds a week (depending on where in the country you go) WITHOUT tuition fees to go to medical school. As a overseas student, you are looking at £20,000+ a year tuition fees, with no loans or grants.

There is not going to be any scholarship that offers that kind of money. Most offer about £1000 or £5000 if you're really lucky a year from what I've seen. If your only way of financing medical school in the UK is to hope to be given the money, I think you need to seriously rethink your plans. You also asked what to do in your gap year in a different thread, don't waste money on travelling the world, you can't afford it. Get a job and try to start saving these thousands of pounds you will need to study here.

That's a pretty good post. :yy:

Latest

Trending

Trending