Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Asylum seekers watch

• View Poll Results: What do you think about asylum seekers?
    Don't care about them
    4.62%
    All should be sent back
    20.00%
    some Should be allowed
    55.38%
    All should be allowed
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    :lol: Being compassionate to other people's circumstances and being willing to give them new lives and opportunities doesn't automatically make me left wing.

Agreeing with mass immigration because you're racist against your own country does make you left wing.

Because of left wings like you Britain no longer is British. Its now more focused on becoming multi-cultural and we can't even celebrate our own culture because we fear being offensive. St George's day is a good example.

:lol: I'd rather be that than a xenophobic idiot like yourself.
    Britain should not have to be the world's charity. We have the second highest debt out of all the countries in the world, and people like you still expect us to keep giving foreign aid? It is illogical, senseless and stupid to keep increasing foreign aid we give, not xenophobic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    Agreeing with mass immigration because you're racist against your own country does make you left wing.
    1. I don't agree with mass immigration. I am for sensible immigration, however I am not dismissing the asylum seekers who come here legitimately for legitimate reasons.

2. You can't be racist against a country

3. Even if somehow you could you couldn't be racist against your own country *headpat.*

Because of left wings like you
    :rolleyes:

Britain no longer is British
    We are still British. We still have Fish and chips, Morris Dancing, get a skinful on a Friday night and go for a curry, the Queen, Public schools, the National Anthem, Rugby, Football, cricket, the England Cricket team supporters club known as the "Barmy Army" and so on.

We are still British numbnuts. A few more foriegners doesn't take all that and more away, no matter what you Xenophobic, Daily Mail, nutters think.

Its now more focused on becoming multi-cultural and we can't even celebrate our own culture because we fear being offensive. St George's day is a good example.
    In recent years there has been a bit turn around on that now because of outrage and protest in previous years.

It never really went away though. People still flew flags from buildings, their houses, their cars, and so on. People still went to get pissed at the pub.

Rule Brittannia, and then some.

And I think you'll find it's not really the minorities themselves that are getting offended, it's the PC brigade getting offended or thinking that the minorities will get offended.

Britain should not have to be the world's charity.
    We're not really the worlds charity, funnily enough that's what organisations like the Red Cross, Unicef, and so on are for.

Britain contributes to that, and it's good because as a powerful and leading 1st world nation it shows we care and want to preserve human life in countries and regions that are not as fortunate and progressive as our own.

We have the second highest debt out of all the countries in the world, and people like you still expect us to keep giving foreign aid?
    To quote the film Bugsy Malone:

"If you give a little love then it all comes back to you!

It is illogical, senseless and stupid to keep increasing foreign aid we give,
    It's not for the reasons stated above.

not xenophobic.
    You seem to be displaying some Xenophobic tendancies.

ReputationRep:
    They should all be allowed to stay. They're humans on this earth too looking for a better life, so let them in i say!

ReputationRep:
    I care about them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    They should all be allowed to stay. They're humans on this earth too looking for a better life, so let them in i say!
    agree with you ut not are genuine, so only some should be allowed

ReputationRep:
    they should be allowed!

ReputationRep:
    shoked by the replies.

ReputationRep:
    First thing to remember about asylum is that it is a admirable charitable provision made by this country, not some abstract indelible or automatic 'right' that any one happens to have.

Now that provision which has been a permanent part of our law, and a very admirable one too, one that reflects the kind of country we are, is today systemically and endemically abused to the extent that the vast majority of 'asylum seekers' are no such thing at all.

It seems that that some alteration needs to be made... but that would go against Labour's agenda... so I doubt it will ever happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Time Tourist)
    First thing to remember about asylum is that it is a admirable charitable provision made by this country, not some abstract indelible or automatic 'right' that any one happens to have.

Now that provision which has been a permanent part of our law, and a very admirable one too, one that reflects the kind of country we are, is today systemically and endemically abused to the extent that the vast majority of 'asylum seekers' are no such thing at all.

It seems that that some alteration needs to be made... but that would go against Labour's agenda... so I doubt it will ever happen.
    agree with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Black Knight)
    agree with you.
    I should add that I believe those who entered this country through dishonest means should be tracked down and deported, wherever possible.

ReputationRep:
    I should add that I believe those who entered this country through dishonest means should be tracked down and deported, wherever possible.
    not wherever possible it should be to their country or a country worse than theirs!!:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think some "indigenous" Brits should be removed so more Asylum seekers can come and live hear. We can send them to the Falklands, Gibraltar and other Islands where Britain has unlawfully captured.

ReputationRep:
    I think some "indigenous" Brits should be removed so more Asylum seekers can come and live hear. We can send them to the Falklands, Gibraltar and other Islands where Britain has unlawfully captured.
    So you don't like English people very much even though you live here?

Don't believe there's even such a thing as English people, is that why "indigenous" is in quotation marks?

If that's the case you shouldn't use we... when talking about English people, because it seems that you resent this country?

Why else would you say what you said?

Also, the British never unlawfully captured islands, the British empire came about as a consequence of the British oversees trading. And the Irish Scottish and Welsh all played an equal role, hence "British" empire.

Gibraltar was given to Britain by Spain in a treaty as part of a peace settlement, at a time when European nations were constantly warring with one another.

ReputationRep:

Don't believe there's even such a thing as English people, is that why "indigenous" is in quotation marks?

If that's the case you shouldn't use we... when talking about English people, because it seems that you resent this country?

Also, the British never unlawfully captured islands, the British empire came about as a consequence of the British oversees trading. And the Irish Scottish and Welsh all played an equal role, hence "British" empire.

Gibraltar was given to Britain by Spain in a treaty as part of a peace settlement, at a time when European nations were constantly warring with one another.
    agree with you.

ReputationRep:

The British have always tried to stick their nose where its not wanted, it takes the **** out of minorities in this country. Why the **** does the UK need Gibraltar and the Falklands, give them back to Spain and Argentina. Britain is always up to something on foreign land, weather its wars, land disputes, you name it.

Here's a story i read earlier relating to the Falklands Island.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8518982.stm

What the **** is the UK up to???

ReputationRep:
    The British have always tried to stick their nose where its not wanted, it takes the **** out of minorities in this country. Why the **** does the UK need Gibraltar and the Falklands, give them back to Spain and Argentina. Britain is always up to something on foreign land, weather its wars, land disputes, you name it.

Here's a story i read earlier relating to the Falklands Island.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8518982.stm

What the **** is the UK up to???
    Why does it?

Nobody made the minorities in this country move to England - they chose to, and the vast majority (today) were uninvited.

Gibraltar really seems to bother you... why? It's no different from the two Spanish enclaves in Morocco...

The people who live in Gibraltar want it to remain British, so whats the problem?

Same as the Falklands... they all consider themselves British and want to remain so, they are all of British descent. They do not want to be Argentine... and the Argentines would expel them anyway if they could.

You seem to think Britain is the great Satan... and that somehow its unique in that respect, but how?

Against who are you judging it - what other comparable nation are you holding it up to to make it stand in such a bad light?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno why but feel sorry for them!!

ReputationRep:
    Most of them are helpless!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopeful Medic 2011)
    Most of them are helpless!!!
    Agree with you!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people care more about strangers from their own country than strangers from another country. Since when does being born in a certain country make someone worth more/less? It completely baffles me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.