Turn on thread page Beta

Any fake tans that actually work? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking particulary pale this winter And i'm going out to a party in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if anyone knows any fake tans which you can buy that actually work. I've never really used them, apart from when I was like 14 which turned me more orange and was most likely a cheap one (14 year olds don't generally have money lol).

But anyway yeah, you know of any that work? I really wish sunbeds didn't harm you as those tans look great

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    yeaa i no 2 fake tans that work,
    loreal sublime broze,
    and st tropez tinted tanning .
    they work for me and i have really pale skin,
    do you'se loads because thy come out like you have been on holiday

ReputationRep:
    Loreal do a spray one that works really well. I especially like it because it comes out brown instead of developing on your skin, which means you can see if you've missed a patch/done it streaky. I also like Garnier tinted moisturiser - looks really natural and gives a good coverage.

ReputationRep:
    Most of them work fine if you apply right. I use more expensive ones like Fake Bake, Xen Tan, St Tropez etc but I also use like Boots/Superdrug own brand ones..

ReputationRep:
    Xen Tan or L'Oreal Sublime Bronze for the top half, and Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs or St Moritz for legs x

ReputationRep:
    Fake Bake's the best I've tried. Tinted ones are best! Xen Tan was RUBBISH on me and made me look orangey/yellow. I'm reallyyyy pale with pink undertones, so not sure really what happened there!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive only ever used two different kinds, but this is how Ive fared with them;

Sublime Bronze - absolutely loved this one when it first came out. Worth the money as a small amount goes a long way. It goes a little orangey if you put too much on, but overall its a good colour and you'll get a really noticeable result after one or two applications. The only downsides Ive found with this one is that it has the funny fake tan smell, and no matter how much you exfoliate it will turn patchy after a week or two!

St Tropez - This is my favourite. The instructions with this one confuse me a little, it says dont rub it in, but you do kind of have to rub it to get an even(ish) coverage.. and even if it werent for the confusing instructions its difficult to make it look even. So its not really the kind of fake tan where you can put it on and then go out & about while its developing, because no matter what you do it does just make you look like you're really in need of a shower.
    HOWEVER, when you've left it to develop for 3/4 hours before washing it off you get a gorgeous colour that isnt orange in the slightest. Even if you dont put it on evenly it still manages to somehow look even when its washed off.
    The only issue I have with this one is the £20 price tag. You do have to use quite a lot of this to get the desired effect, and according to St Tropez, the bottle is only enough for 8 applications, which Im afraid to say is entirely correct! But I do think its worth it because as of yet I havent had any disasters with it, touch wood.

ReputationRep:
    St Tropez! My salon does a full body for £20 (most include before and after care)
    Obviously just buying it and doing it yourself is cheaper, but if you're worried about mucking it up why not spend a little more?

ReputationRep:
    Xen tan is the best, better than St Tropez or fake bake. It has a green tint which gives the tan olive undertones so it looks really natural and not at all orange.

ReputationRep:
    i use No7 fake tan and it works i always use it, its the face gradual cream tan and the dark spray.

ReputationRep:
    St tropez would be good.

ReputationRep:
    st tropez is rubbish i used it and it made me go orange!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkz-x)
    st tropez is rubbish i used it and it made me go orange!!

You obviously did it wrong then. St tropez is used in salons, it's good.

ReputationRep:
    You're white...love it, stop trying to be someone u're not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    You're white...love it, stop trying to be someone u're not.
    Last time I checked, having a tan wasn't a 'someone'. Therefore her wanting a tan doesn't mean she wants to be someone she's not. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Last time I checked, having a tan wasn't a 'someone'. Therefore her wanting a tan doesn't mean she wants to be someone she's not. Idiot.

She's not brazilian, shes not spic, shes not east indian ect. Dont try to get skin colour that u were not born with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    wow caught a nerve there mrs. fake bake?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.