Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever thought about moving abroad? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you want to live abroad?
    Yes - I'm already planning it!
    77.87%
    No - I love Britain too much!
    9.02%
    Already moved abroad
    19.67%

ReputationRep:
    Or has anyone already moved abroad/going to Uni in different country?

I'm hoping to move to Australia when I finish my nursing degree and do a graduate programme there! Its quite confusing with finding information about visa's etc.. I don't know if i'd permanently like to live there but definitely work there for a few years! Then maybe go to all different countries across the world to work!

My uncle moved to Canada when he was just 21. He finished his degree in Wales then did a Masters degree in England. He then got some sort of scholarship to do a PhD in science at a Uni in Canada and after all that he then went on to be a Lawyer and has a family over there now! Funny how things work out!

ReputationRep:
    Use to live in Spain then moved here, wouldn't mind moving to somewhere like Norway in the future.
    Swerve Australia it has hench spiders.

ReputationRep:
    canada would be cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gueirguiy)
    Use to live in Spain then moved here, wouldn't mind moving to somewhere like Norway in the future.
    Swerve Australia it has hench spiders.

Did you move to Spain with family? and how come you moved back?

Australia fascinates me though - don't know why but it's always appealed to me. Guess i'll have to watch out for those spiders!:O and the snakes...

ReputationRep:
    I have lived in Germany with then boyfriend ( now husband). We came back after his posting was finished. I would like to live in Australia or USA but he wants to live in Canada!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Did you move to Spain with family? and how come you moved back?

Australia fascinates me though - don't know why but it's always appealed to me. Guess i'll have to watch out for those spiders!:O and the snakes...
    Was born in Spain Got the tan then paved my way here with mumma.

You'll get use to the spiders and snakes, when 90% of animals in Australia can kill you then the people probaly just don't care

ReputationRep:
    Yeap!

Living In France, moving to the UK in september and then planning to go to south Korea (need money first )

ReputationRep:
    Mauritius maybe. I've lived there be, looking back I did enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    South of France

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving to Germany next week for 5 months whilst I'm working as an aupair!

I know that my boyfriend's intent on moving to France at some point when we've both graduated and such, but I'm a bit hesitant as my French is RUBBISH :p:

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I graduate from uni, I'm off to the USA. Bye guys!

ReputationRep:
    I did my year abroad in Bordeaux and loved it, and am planning on continuing my studies in France in September. I can't wait to go back!

ReputationRep:
    I live overseas (Qatar- Dubai before that) because of my dads work with oil companies. Anyway, living overseas is good, if a bit boring if you don't know what to do. But for the love of god go somewhere with sun, no point in getting out of the UK if not for the weather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)

Where abouts in the USA? and do you not have to have couple years of experience after you graduate?

ReputationRep:
    France, Germany, Luxembourg or Sweden.

or somewhere like the carribean or australia!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    I'm moving to Germany next week for 5 months whilst I'm working as an aupair!

ahh exciting!! Where abouts in Germany?
    I was going to be an au pair in australia had a profile on that aupair.net site but I only wanted to go for a few months whereas they mostly want people for 6-12months!

I bet your so excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakePearson)
    Highly doubt that.

Getting a working visa/visa and stuff is a huge amount of hassle as it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    ahh exciting!! Where abouts in Germany?
    I was going to be an au pair in australia had a profile on that aupair.net site but I only wanted to go for a few months whereas they mostly want people for 6-12months!

I bet your so excited!!!
    I'm going to a British army base in Gutersloh, in the north west. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm so scared!

There's some people in Aus who will have people for less, you know. I used easyaupair, and there were a few who were happy to have people for just 3 months.

ReputationRep:
    I've moved to England, does that count?

I must say it is quite a strain on family and friendship, but it's also an awesome experience, a bit like redecorating your room x 1 million (That might not make sense to anyone but me ). I adapted to it very quickly, but if the culture difference is great, you might have problems getting used to it at first.

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone so keen on France??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.