Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it everything ****!??!?!?! watch

ReputationRep:
    The past week has been so ****. I got fired last friday, somewhat unfairly I thought, from a job that had taken me 5 months to find and I'd only had for 3 weeks. Then they screwed up my bank details so there was a whoel big problem with paying me for the work I did do which has only been sorted today. Then because I now have no job I have to go back on jobseekers allowance which means regular visits to the jobcentre which is probably the most boring and depressing place to spend time in my town, which says a lot in itself as this is a pretty boring place to be as it is. Then there were a bunch of problems with my university application, hopefully they're all sorted now though, apart from the student finance bit. But now there's new problems with my jobseekers where they might cut me off for up to 26 weeks because I got fired, even though I didn't do anythign wrong. And because everyone I know lives 100 miles or more away now and they're all too busy to talk to anyone who doesn't have facebook I have no-one to talk apart from my girlfriend. Except we're having huge problems too(perfect timing with valentines day coming up) and came so close to breaking up a couple of days ago. And now even though we've sorted of got things sorted and we've started moving on it feels like a massive effort is needed to talk to her now just because of our situation. And then to top it all off I got a fantastic job offered to me except it turns out it's too far away so I can't do that and I'm back to looking for a job and having a generally **** boring time like I have been doing mostly since September except that now there's all the other crap to worry about while having a **** time.
    Sorry, I just really needed to let off some steam, I've got no-one I can talk to right now and I needed a bit of a rant because no-one really knows/cares enough to listen to all this and it's just all too much bad stuff to happen in 7 days and to hold in.

ReputationRep:
    Chill.

Firstly, your money has been sorted now. Yeah, it took a while, so what? These things happen and you have it now.

JSA - you're getting paid to look for a job. The quicker you find one, the quicker you get off the scheme. Be grateful that such a scheme exists for a kick-off. You don't have to use the JC alone to find jobs. Direct.gov has an awesome jobs section now, and you can just go and hand your CV in with a Covering Letter to every place in town and see what comes back to you. JS are there to help you, not spoon feed you through the application process. Do your own research too. If they're going to stop your JSA for 26 weeks then that's even more incentive to get your backside into gear and find another job.

Again, your university application has been sorted now, forget about the hassle involved; it's done!

Get Facebook? Or alternatively, get down the pub or volunteer for a Youth Group or something - you'll find mates in no time!

Be glad you have a girlfriend. Times are tough in the sense that you've lost your job and you've had a lot of hassle recently, but that's the past, so forget about it. Reassure her you're looking for another job and applying to university and everything will be fine

Is the job offered completely inaccessible? Can you not commute by train or bus or coach or taxi? Would your pay check cover that? You can get a cash advance in many places which would kick you ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Chill.

Firstly, your money has been sorted now. Yeah, it took a while, so what? These things happen and you have it now.

JSA - you're getting paid to look for a job. The quicker you find one, the quicker you get off the scheme. Be grateful that such a scheme exists for a kick-off. You don't have to use the JC alone to find jobs. Direct.gov has an awesome jobs section now, and you can just go and hand your CV in with a Covering Letter to every place in town and see what comes back to you. JS are there to help you, not spoon feed you through the application process. Do your own research too. If they're going to stop your JSA for 26 weeks then that's even more incentive to get your backside into gear and find another job.

Again, your university application has been sorted now, forget about the hassle involved; it's done!

Get Facebook? Or alternatively, get down the pub or volunteer for a Youth Group or something - you'll find mates in no time!

Be glad you have a girlfriend. Times are tough in the sense that you've lost your job and you've had a lot of hassle recently, but that's the past, so forget about it. Reassure her you're looking for another job and applying to university and everything will be fine

Is the job offered completely inaccessible? Can you not commute by train or bus or coach or taxi? Would your pay check cover that? You can get a cash advance in many places which would kick you ahead.
    Your one of those incredibly optimistic people aren't you?
    I wasn't going to rely on the jobcentre to 'spoon-feed' me anything, and I'm going to do my own research and look for/ apply for any jobs I can, but like I said it took me 5 months to find that 1 and if it takes another 5 months it'll be too late by then. And it's not 'more incentive', it's another thing to worry about because I have to pay my mum £30 a week towards bills etc. and have literally no money to do that. Plus I need money for university, not just for costs while I'm staying there but also for things I need to buy before I go. If there's any problems with my student finance though then I may not be able to afford to go this year (for a scond year in a row), especially if I can't find a job so thats another thing to worry about. I can't get facebook for personal reasons which are no-one's business but mine and like I said the town I live in is **** for things to do. I can't afford anything that costs money, like going down the pub, and as far as I'm aware there are no free youth groups in my area that aren't either religion based or aimed at much younger kids. And the girlfriend difficulties are nothing to with the other problems, it's a whole different set of issues that are causing our problems but again, I'm not going into that, it's nothing to do with anyone else. And no, surprisingly I did check that already, I wouldn't be so ******* off if there was some way I could take that job. It's just been one problem after another andeven though some of them have sorted themselves out I'm just sick and tired of everything going wrong and being a constant uphill battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Battenberg)
    Well you sound incredibly defeatist and stubborn; I bet your responses to any more posts in this thread are going to be the same as above.

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm just a realist and someone who doesn't just whine and moan about things that I can't control; someone who gets on with the job in hand. "**** happens", get over it.

Apart from that, I can't be arsed to reply to the rest of your post, because you're just finding holes in anything I suggest rather than looking at the parts which might work.

Make a brew and go look for a job.

ReputationRep:
    But QI is on tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie0914)
    But QI is on tonight
    Lost is on tonight! As well as Popstar to Operastar (Thats how i roll XD) Do you have any friends, thread starter? When my friends are skint, I invite them around, watch a DVD with a cuppa, absolutely free, and we have a laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    Lost is on tonight! As well as Popstar to Operastar (Thats how i roll XD) Do you have any friends, thread starter? When my friends are skint, I invite them around, watch a DVD with a cuppa, absolutely free, and we have a laugh!
    Yes, I have friends but they've all moved off to uni so none of them can do that.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have friends but they've all moved off to uni so none of them can do that.
    Go visit them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    No, I'm just a realist and someone who doesn't just whine and moan about things that I can't control; someone who gets on with the job in hand. "**** happens", get over it.

Apart from that, I can't be arsed to reply to the rest of your post, because you're just finding holes in anything I suggest rather than looking at the parts which might work.

Make a brew and go look for a job.
    I wasn't having a go at you, I like people who are optimistic (to a point). And I'm only 'whining' because I've got no-one else to talk to so putting my thoughts down on TSR is as close as I can get right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Well you sound incredibly defeatist and stubborn; I bet your responses to any more posts in this thread are going to be the same as above.
    Yes I am a bit defeatist and a pessimistic at times but that's part of who I am as I have depression. I wasn't looking for help/ suggestions from anyone anyway as there's not a lot to be done other than getting on with things, I just wanted to vent my anger and frustration out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie0914)
    Go visit them
    I can't afford to.

ReputationRep:
    Rather usual story at TSR.Why can't you start small own business while you are looking for a new job?Is it so difficult?
    Even when you'll get new job in several months,you should have something else,own.At the same time.Cause so as you can't control the mind of your Boss,you'll never may be sure in future of the job.

ReputationRep:
    Ring them/ email them for advice- they know your town and you better than us. They will be back for holidays?

.... So did you just start up this thread so we would all go "there there, its ok??"

ReputationRep:
    If you were fired unfairly then sue them.

ReputationRep:
    You're being quite rude to people on here, particularly DarkWhite who put the effort in to suggest solutions to all your problems. I hope you're friendlier in real life.

What makes you think there'll be problems with your student finance? By the sounds of things you'd get a full grant and all that, so you'll be fine when you get there and you won't need extra money. And I'm sure there's nothing you need to buy before you go that's so urgent that you couldn't wait until you got your money through.

Why did you get fired from your job, out of interest? [If you don't want to reply that's fine, just don't be snappy and rude like you were to others just because they suggested you get Facebook.]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    Ring them/ email them for advice- they know your town and you better than us. They will be back for holidays?

.... So did you just start up this thread so we would all go "there there, its ok??"
    No, I don't want sympathy or pity form people, like I said, I just needed to let it out a bit rather than keeping it all in.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't want sympathy or pity form people, like I said, I just needed to let it out a bit rather than keeping it all in.
    So the only goal you had starting the thread - to say all that.You don't need any advice or something like that.And you are not predisposed to discussion. Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, life will get worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    You're being quite rude to people on here, particularly DarkWhite who put the effort in to suggest solutions to all your problems. I hope you're friendlier in real life.

What makes you think there'll be problems with your student finance? By the sounds of things you'd get a full grant and all that, so you'll be fine when you get there and you won't need extra money. And I'm sure there's nothing you need to buy before you go that's so urgent that you couldn't wait until you got your money through.

Why did you get fired from your job, out of interest? [If you don't want to reply that's fine, just don't be snappy and rude like you were to others just because they suggested you get Facebook.]
    I didn't/ don't mean to be rude, it's just this past week has been one of the worst in my life and it's put me in a very bad mood, generally I am nothing like this in real life. It's not that I think there'll be problems with MY student finance specifically, it's just that last year there were all those problems wheer people got theirs late or not at all because their system screwed up. The official reason I got fired was that I didn't make enough sales although only 1 other person got more than me, everyone else got the same or less and the majority are still working there.
    ps. and with the facebook thing that's because I get people all the time who tell me I should get Facebook and when I say no they tend to make a fuss asking why and I don't want to tell them, it gets a bit old after a while.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.