Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could I do a secondary PGCE (I'm looking at doing to English with drama and media 11-18 at CCCU and the University of Cumbria), I'm currently doinh a several month long placement at the special secondary school in lincoln (where I'm a uni) and have signed up for the student associates scheme. However they keep telling me I probably won't get a secondary placement there. If I did a primary SAS placement as well as my current one, what do you think are my chances of a secondary PGCE place. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What is your degree in? You say they told you you're unlikely to get in, what are the reasons they have given?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my degree is English (in second year at the moment), they've told me they don't have enough places for secondary english but I get the feeling that because I'm male they're making a big push to put me in primary because it keeps their numbers up there.

ReputationRep:
    With an English degree and relevant experience I see no reason why you couldnt get on a English PGCE. I know that is a competitive subject at secondary but Primary is also, there not going to take you just because your male so if its not what you want to do go for Secondary.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.