ReputationRep:
    Here we go!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8512071.stm

Friday - U2
    Saturday - Muse
    Sunday - Stevie Wonder

Stevie Wonder ftw!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow... stevie wonder... i'm incredibly tempted to try to go to glastonbury now!

ReputationRep:
    Probably give U2 a miss but would be happy to see Muse again at Glasto and deffo Stevie. Can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a ticket and I cannot wait!! Gonna be absolutely excellent...Stevie Wonder YES!

If you haven't got a ticket by the way you'll struggle, at the end of this month there many be a few spare around from people who haven't paid off there deposits.

ReputationRep:
    My 3rd glaso in a row. U2? Muse AND Stevie, yes please.

ReputationRep:
    If you havent got tickets and want some you could work as a steward for oxfam! Its 3 shifts over 5 days, and you get a free meal everyday! Im doing it this year, with my uni! Sooooo excited!

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget the Wombles are playing too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Boosh)
    Don't forget the Wombles are playing too!!!
    The icing on the cake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaz111)
    If you havent got tickets and want some you could work as a steward for oxfam! Its 3 shifts over 5 days, and you get a free meal everyday! Im doing it this year, with my uni! Sooooo excited!
    I'm applying for this with a friend

ReputationRep:
    Haha I was soo happy when I heard Muse were going to be playing... got my job sorted already =D

ReputationRep:
    I missed out on tickets for Glastonbury this year but would still really like to volunteer in some way and I know litter picking is one of them...

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done this alone? Or volunteered alone? As none of my friends have really expressed an interest in coming along but I don't want to miss out. At the same time I don't want to spend the whole time feeling lonely.

I know volunteers have a separate camping area so I wouldn't be alone there, I just don't want to spend the whole time by myself.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I know a bunch of people who volunteer there as stewards (I'm local to the festival site), and they usually volunteer alone and then make friends there.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you will make friends with other volunteers whilst working. You won't be the only diehard who missed tickets!

ReputationRep:
    Volunteer with Oxfam, and yes, you'll easily make friends with people.

ReputationRep:
    I've never volunteered at Glasto, but have volunteered alone at other festivals (Reading and Latitude) and plenty of people volunteer alone. Some because they couldn't talk their friends into coming, some because they're travelling around, some because they want to do as many festivals as possible and working is the easiest way of doing that. It's got a great community spirit since the same people work the same festivals every year. It may seem a bit clique-y at first, but make an effort to be sociable and you'll be fine. If you see a large group of staff sitting around usually it means they'll happily accept new people.

Litter Picking is probably a better option than Oxfam though. From what I've heard for Glasto Oxfam preferentially picks people who have volunteered with them at other festivals, and then uses new applicants to top up the numbers if they need to. So you probably have a better chance with the Litter picking if you're new to it.

ReputationRep:
    I going to try this this year! My cousin has paid to go so I wouldn't be alone the whole time, but I'm sure there's plenty of people who do it alone... That's what I'm hoping anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying alone to be an oxfam steward
    I'm only giving it second thoughts because glastonbury is far from home so i'll be travelling alone for about 6hrs :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gravityisamyth)
    I missed out on tickets for Glastonbury this year but would still really like to volunteer in some way and I know litter picking is one of them...

I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done this alone? Or volunteered alone? As none of my friends have really expressed an interest in coming along but I don't want to miss out. At the same time I don't want to spend the whole time feeling lonely.

I know volunteers have a separate camping area so I wouldn't be alone there, I just don't want to spend the whole time by myself.

Thanks
    I want to do this! How do I do it?!

ReputationRep:
    No worries I've been to the site.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.