The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reapply with a less cheesy personal statement... mother theresa for ***** sake??
Remove your PS if you want to use it again!
Gap year and reapply. Don't settle for second best imo
Gap year and reapply, and for the love of God GET YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT OFF HERE NOW!
FOR GOD'S SAKE TAKE YOUR PS DOWN.

Sorry to be overdramatic, but what your doing is VERY risky if you're reapplying next year.
You made yourself sound like a twerp.
Reply 85
There's a good reason why you've received four rejections. If you've flunked on the BMAT, you've eliminated Cambridge and Imperial. If you didn't get practically straight A*s at GCSE, and have a fantastic PS, you've eliminated Edinburgh. If you don't have a fantastic PS, you've eliminated Southampton. Being predicted four A*s isn't going to let you 'pass go' and get straight into medical school; mainly because there's been a gross overestimation in the number of people being predicted A*s.
Reply 86
What were your UKCAT and BMAT scores, maybe one of the reasons you got 4 rejections?
sandeep90
Gap year and reapply, and for the love of God GET YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT OFF HERE NOW!

Whats wrong with posting a PS?
Gap year and apply to more realistic unis
Reply 89
All it takes is for me to put that personal statement anywhere on the internet, on any forum or any website, and google will likely index it. Simply typing a sentence from that personal statement into google will yield a result - and how do they know it wasn't copied from there?
(edited 3 years ago)
where did he post his PS i don't see it anywhere:confused: i don't know what is the fuss. But anyways postin your ps is risky and could lead to people copying it and making it their own which means you'll be more likely to be rejected(plageriasm) that is why it is wrong to post your ps on public domain.
(edited 3 years ago)
If they reapply next year and hardly edit their PS, they're at risk of plagiarism. Say someone just downloaded it and copies a lot of it. Then what do they do?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 92
Potential applicants to Medicine next year (like me) could easily take that and pass it off as their own. I was tempted to click on it as well.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 93
I say take a gap year and reapply..

Oh one of the things that my college told us not to do was to seem boastful in our personal statement.. maybe change 'I have a natural flair in Mathematics' and some other sentences to something else. And I giggled a bit while reading at the 'listener' part and the last sentence, not sure why. Also, like everyone else have said.. TAKE IT DOWN NOW OR PEOPLE WILL COPY IT.
Remarqable M
where did he post his PS i don't see it anywhere:confused: i don't know what is the fuss.

Yes, he did post it. Thankfully he took it down, but it took him a good few minutes.
I would go for the gap year and completely change the personal statement for next year and seriously take your personal statement off!
I'm really sorry op, but OMFG TAKE DOWN THE PERSONAL STATEMENT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
felt_monkey
Yes, he did post it. Thankfully he took it down, but it took him a good few minutes.

haha lucky guy:smile: or his chances for medicine degree would have been shattered.
Scrubby
Potential applicants to Medicine next year (like me) could easily take that and pass it off as their own. I was tempted to click on it as well.

LOL seriously that is awful i don't understand why people do that because even if they copy it they would still be caught anyways.
Reply 99
don't loose a year, apply to UCL or at another uni.

Latest