Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Alright, im in year 12 and at my school P.E is complusary. Now, everytime the lesson comes around i just goto the gym instead of going to get registered and play badminton every god damn time. Anywho, my P.E teacher came to me, gave me a letter and it said i have a 1 hour after school for "truenting" (her words not mine). I actually cant believe it so, any help on what to do?

I was thinking of saying i was there, i just didnt make an impression in the lesson and that the teacher forgot to register me, if she says she doesnt forget faces, ill point out she forgot to spell truanting and that will all forget. Is this good or do you suggest something better? I really cba to waste my time in an afterschool with some chavy year 10's...

ReputationRep:
    Just do the dt, not worth creating a fuss over an hour of sitting about.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you're in Sixth Form doesn't mean you're somehow immune to discipline.

Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Year 12 and you get detentions?

wow sucks to be you

ReputationRep:
    lol if it was in my school i wouldn't even dream of going!

but yours sounds strangely strict :/ still though i wouldnt bother going, fight the power
    if your teacher makes a fuss go to the head and explain that PE is totally pointless, and you won't be doing it anymore.

this is sixth form. no lessons should be compulsory and they should stop treating you like kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    Alright, im in year 12 and at my school P.E is complusary. Now, everytime the lesson comes around i just goto the gym instead of going to get registered and play badminton every god damn time. Anywho, my P.E teacher came to me, gave me a letter and it said i have a 1 hour after school for "truenting" (her words not mine). I actually cant believe it so, any help on what to do?

I was thinking of saying i was there, i just didnt make an impression in the lesson and that the teacher forgot to register me, if she says she doesnt forget faces, ill point out she forgot to spell truanting and that will all forget. Is this good or do you suggest something better? I really cba to waste my time in an afterschool with some chavy year 10's...
    Take the detention and write 'compulsory' out 1000 times.

ReputationRep:
    You broke the rules... so you should do the detention.

ReputationRep:
    Just don't go to it. I've never gone to a detention so my teachers have pretty much given up on disciplinary action for me.
    They can't do anything, just don't go to it.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I just wouldn't bother turning up, but my attitude was like that before sixth form anyway.

ReputationRep:
    This is why you go to colleges and not sixth forms.

I would go to it,in my school if you don't go the punishment steadily goes higher,and in mine I usually just watch the office or partridge on my ipod.
    Sixth form doesn't make you above usual procedure,I have found that out too many times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Take the detention and write 'compulsory' out 1000 times.
    typo, on iphone in chemistry as we speak, god damn alkenes >,<

Anyway, i would go but i missed one lesson to goto the gym and didnt get registerd. I really dont understand, i had proberly done more exercise than the whole of the class yet because i forgot to get registered... and yes, i know disciplined is needed, but not to this extent surely..

ReputationRep:
    Compulsory P.E in year 12?
    Roflmao.

ReputationRep:
    F your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triiden)
    typo, on iphone in chemistry as we speak, god damn alkenes >,<

Anyway, i would go but i missed one lesson to goto the gym and didnt get registerd. I really dont understand, i had proberly done more exercise than the whole of the class yet because i forgot to get registered... and yes, i know disciplined is needed, but not to this extent surely..
    Well you still broke the rules. I think they're being a bit strict since it was just once, but one hour in detention won't kill you. If you don't turn up at the detention, they'll probably just give you another punishment.

ReputationRep:
    wtf i dont know what is worse the fact that you have a detention in 6th form or the fact that people are telling you to go. do you people also think people should be given detentions at university?

ReputationRep:
    well why don't you just forge notes from parents excusing you/'be ill'/'hurt your leg' every week like everyone else who hates PE?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lol I never went to detentions in school, certainly wouldn't go to one in 6 form. Just don't go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    wtf i dont know what is worse the fact that you have a detention in 6th form or the fact that people are telling you to go. do you people also think people should be given detentions at university?
    If he doesn't go, they'll just give him another punishment, most likely more detentions. Not going would just be stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Don't go, be a rebel!

That'll tell Thatcher.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.