The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Haha, that sucks.
Just don't go :smile:
Reply 21
Live by the school rules or leave.

Just because you're in the the sixth form doesn't mean you aren't subject to the same rules as everyone else.

Grow up.
Reply 22
Spacecam

Just because you're in the the sixth form doesn't mean you aren't subject to the same rules as everyone else.

Grow up.

This.
Reply 23
Damn. Some strong goody two-shoes ITT.
Reply 24
Spacecam

Grow up.

So you think 6th formers should be treated the exact same as the other students?
fail
scotttb
So you think 6th formers should be treated the exact same as the other students?
fail

If they choose to go to the 6th form, then follow the rules.
If you don't like it leave.
Simples.
bloody helll, PE compulsary in sixth form :eek: i would have died
Reply 27
scotttb
fail

I work in a boarding school so I know what I'm talking about.

Pupils are expected to adhere to the rules laid down for them.

If the OP is going to behave like a child, they should be treated like a child until they behave in a respectable enough fashion to be treated like a young adult.
I wish there had been compulsory PE in my 6th form!
Reply 29
Compulsory PE in yr12? Rofl.

Don't go. :ahee:
Reply 30
Fight the system, anarchy and all that.
Turn up naked and do a penis dance like in Bruno. Failing that, don't turn up at all. :cool:
DaveJ
If he doesn't go, they'll just give him another punishment, most likely more detentions. Not going would just be stupid.

So as punishment for not going to one detention, you give someone two detentions, neither of which they'll go to? When they don't go to those, you give them four, then eight, ad infinitum. In the end, that just escalates and you end up with my father when he left school, about two hundred thousand hours of detention, none of which he went to...
Why don't you revise English? ;]

(Or any other subject you're doing)
Reply 34
TheSownRose
So as punishment for not going to one detention, you give someone two detentions, neither of which they'll go to? When they don't go to those, you give them four, then eight, ad infinitum. In the end, that just escalates and you end up with my father when he left school, about two hundred thousand hours of detention, none of which he went to...

I can't imagine a school would just let him miss EVERY detention. At my school you'd probably get suspended if you missed a string of detentions like you suggest.
triiden
typo, on iphone in chemistry as we speak, god damn alkenes >,<

Anyway, i would go but i missed one lesson to goto the gym and didnt get registerd. I really dont understand, i had proberly done more exercise than the whole of the class yet because i forgot to get registered... and yes, i know disciplined is needed, but not to this extent surely..

You go on TSR in the middle of class? Lots of people text in class, but internet? That's a first.

Just do the detention. They're seriously not a big deal at all. They don't count for anything permanently, and they only last an hour or so, and you'll avoid further hassle.

What I think you should be worried about is that this may obligate you to show up for future PE lessons.

It's pretty unlucky your PE teacher kicked up a fuss. I haven't been to PE all year, and my PE teacher just doesn't care. I even passed right by him and the rest of my PE class while on my way out of the school (they were doing laps around the school grounds at the time), and he did nothing.
TheMeister
This is why you go to colleges and not sixth forms. :h:

Agreed! Where are these crazy school sixth forms with compulsory lessons and detentions? I've never heard of it.
Reply 37
Lindsey123
Agreed! Where are these crazy school sixth forms with compulsory lessons and detentions? I've never heard of it.

A school without compulsory lessons sounds absolutely crazy to me. :p: Just depends on what you're used to.
DaveJ
A school without compulsory lessons sounds absolutely crazy to me. :p: Just depends on what you're used to.

Fair enough for them to be compulsory if it's one of your A levels/IB etc but PE?
Ahh annoying, but if i were you id go.
In my school 1 minute late and you get a break time detention, don't go to that and you'll get an after school...forget your home work, get an after school detention , attendace falls below 90 you pay for your exams. And the uniform is even more strict than in lower school. WHy are they so harsh :|

Latest

Trending

Trending