Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an 18 year old female who weighs 8-8.5 stones (51ish +kg).
    Some mates are coming up to the pub where I work later tonight and one or two may require a lift home. I don't plan on getting ****faced but was wondering how much I can legally drink? I was only thinking a half of lager anyway...
    I'm just curious bearing in mind I'm quite skinny, and the possible effect on how much I can drink!

Taaaar.
    (And sorry if this is in the wrong place )

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't take the risk.

ReputationRep:
    You may be able to get away with half a lager, but why take a chance? :/

If you know you have to drive, then don't drink at all.

ReputationRep:
    just drink pepsi/coke

Half is fine, you can drink 2 pints of some beer over an evening and be under.

ReputationRep:
    drink shandy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Half is fine, you can drink 2 pints of some beer over an evening and be under.
    Still, would you take that risk? It supposedly takes an hour to lose each unit from your system, so if you have a half at 7.30 (assuming a 2 unit pint), and then another half after 9pm, you should be ok. Personally I tend to have a pint at the start of the night and then stick to soft drinks. I wouldn't want to risk being randomly breathalysed (happens in Cardiff) and being even slightly over.

ReputationRep:
    Drinking and then driving is irresponsible full stop. If you're driving, then don't drink.

(Original post by Carl)
    Still, would you take that risk? It supposedly takes an hour to lose each unit from your system, so if you have a half at 7.30 (assuming a 2 unit pint), and then another half after 9pm, you should be ok. Personally I tend to have a pint at the start of the night and then stick to soft drinks. I wouldn't want to risk being randomly breathalysed (happens in Cardiff) and being even slightly over.
    I personally don't drink alcohol unless I want to get hammered so stick to soft drinks if I'm driving, and I know I can randomly be a lightweight sometimes.

But my dad will have 2 over an evening, and has been breathalysed and been fine, I guess its up to you.

I don't have an issue getting in the car with him when he has had that much because I know how much he can drink and still be fine.

I have only ever seen him gone once and that was after 14 pints, I would be on the floor by then.

(Original post by The Referee)
    Drinking and then driving is irresponsible full stop. If you're driving, then don't drink.
    Not if your under the limit and not a lightweight.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with most of the above comments. You'd probably get away with a pint, but when I'm driving I tend to not bother at all, not really worth it IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting comments!

I personally don't drink and drive, but half a lager should be ok, lager has a very low ABV anyway.

Although I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    The name killerjane suits you, imo!

(Original post by moley89)
    Yeah drinking half a pint makes you a killer :facepalm2:.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, no one saw that one coming!

ReputationRep:
    Why risk it?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

(Original post by blinkbelle)
    Why risk it?
    Getting caught? Half won't put you over the limit.

Do people even know the limits :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rucklo)
    Getting caught? Half won't put you over the limit.

Do people even know the limits :confused:
    No, why risk taking a drug when you're going to be in control of a vehicle and responsible for other people's safety.

(Original post by blinkbelle)
    No, why risk taking a drug when you're going to be in control of a vehicle and responsible for other people's safety.
    Because some people can quite happily drink half a pint and not be any different.

If you can't then good on you for not driving, doesn't mean everyone is like that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.