Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

15-Year-Old Girl Beaten While Security Guards Watch watch

ReputationRep:
    http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...aten_while.php

Wow, the security guards or even any passers by could of at least stepped in as any sane normal person would and should.

ReputationRep:
    lol!

hope they get sued.

ReputationRep:
    Only in America.

ReputationRep:
    Yep only in USA, people get attacked by the security guards over here...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1179811

ReputationRep:
    A little like the PCSO problem we have over here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    lol!

hope they get sued.
    Well, with the terms of their contract being strictly to "watch and report", it seems that the followed their job requirements to the T (presuming that they reported of course), so its highly unlikely that any action will be taken against them, and even if it is, it will fail

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm

america is sue-crazy, so the guards might've been ****** in court

ReputationRep:
    That's absolutely disgusting.

However, if those security guards had got involved, they would be at risk of being sued. I don't suppose for one second that they want to have financial hardship in these times. It's a sad state of affairs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm tempted to point out something, but I'll probably be bashed for it... so I'll keep mum.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately for her, these guys are contract workers. And their contract specifies that they're only allowed to "observe and report."
    There's your reason then. They'd be in breach of employment contract if they intervened. They probably didn't want to lose their jobs.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ergh, the guards are dicks.

ReputationRep:
    The Sun website hurts my eyes

(Original post by neodymium)
    I'm tempted to point out something, but I'll probably be bashed for it... so I'll keep mum.
    Point eeet out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harriotharmen)
    Only in America.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what would have occurred if she had been raped, or something equally as grotesque.
    What is the point in hiring security workers if you limit their jobs to the bare minimum?

It is EMURIKA.
    Full of demented children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    Well, with the terms of their contract being strictly to "watch and report", it seems that the followed their job requirements to the T (presuming that they reported of course), so its highly unlikely that any action will be taken against them, and even if it is, it will fail
    in the country where people sue mcds over hot coffee?

in germany we had a similar case and the security guards werent even on duty and i think they are being investigated at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-knee)
    I wonder what would have occurred if she had been raped, .
    What an unusual response.

ReputationRep:
    well I hate to say it but maybe the girl was someone they knew who had done something bad to them, thats no excuse I know but it could have been partly her fault for starting some kind of fight, you can't tell unless you know the full story. She might have spat at someone or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    in the country where people sue mcds over hot coffee?

in germany we had a similar case and the security guards werent even on duty and i think they are being investigated at least.
    I think, given that the article with the video stated that contracurally, they are not allowed to intervene, it would be more likely that had they intervened they would have been sued (from somebody from the gang claiming assualt or something along those lines).

I am totally agreed however that US courts certainly seem to uphold the most idiotic of cases when it comes to people being sued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    What an unusual response.
    Not necessarily that odd of a response, she was being quite brutally beaten, at what point would the security guards or passers-by have felt the need to intervene (if the severe beating was not worthy of intervention)

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.