Turn on thread page Beta

15-Year-Old Girl Beaten While Security Guards Watch watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mo-knee)
    I wonder what would have occurred if she had been raped
    They'd have to watch and observe. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    Not necessarily that odd of a response, she was being quite brutally beaten, at what point would the security guards or passers-by have felt the need to intervene (if the severe beating was not worthy of intervention)
    The "rape" part just seemed unnecessarily opportunistic. To me.

ReputationRep:
    It's not opportunistic, it's just an observation.
    Like darigan said, how far would the attacks have had to have gone before they intervened.
    If she had been killed, what then?

ReputationRep:
    It's not opportunistic, it's just an observation.
    Like darigan said, how far would the attacks have had to have gone before they intervened.
    If she had been killed, what then?
    Why do we have to hypothetically rape and kill the poor girl!? Hasn't she suffered enough?

If she had been raped or killed, then she would have been raped or killed.

ReputationRep:
    But she could have been!
    She could have been...

ReputationRep:
    They can't exactly call themselves 'security guards' if they have to only watch and observe, can they? Don't CCTV cameras, like the one used to film the footage, 'watch and observe'? Therefore, their jobs are useless?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    Why do we have to hypothetically rape and kill the poor girl!? Hasn't she suffered enough?

If she had been raped or killed, then she would have been raped or killed.
    I think you've missed the point by a considerable margin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    The "rape" part just seemed unnecessarily opportunistic. To me.
    Perhaps.... I can think of a number of different ways that the crime may have escalated without having to resort to an opportunistic use of 'rape'

ReputationRep:
    Wow only in the north, you pull that crap here and you're liable to get punched in the face by a passer by. It's a sad state of affairs when you're so afraid of getting sued you put your guards to just reporting stuff. Here all the security guards have pepper spray at the very least and tazers are very common.

On the sue happy note, I have to agree with you it is insane how stupid my country has become with that. Some of them are however just, some are ridiculous and should be thrown out. Our entire legal system is in great need of an overhaul.

How ever, on the not of the woman suing Mcd's about the coffee, my friends dad was the lawyer in the case and it wasn't because the coffee was hot, it was because it was so hot that when she dropped it it scalded her so bad she had to get plastic surgery to fix herself in certain "areas"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    Perhaps.... I can think of a number of different ways that the crime may have escalated without having to resort to an opportunistic use of 'rape'
    Well quite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DBazza)
    I think you've missed the point by a considerable margin
    I disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    Wow only in the north, you pull that crap here and you're liable to get punched in the face by a passer by. It's a sad state of affairs when you're so afraid of getting sued you put your guards to just reporting stuff. Here all the security guards have pepper spray at the very least and tazers are very common.

On the sue happy note, I have to agree with you it is insane how stupid my country has become with that. Some of them are however just, some are ridiculous and should be thrown out. Our entire legal system is in great need of an overhaul.

How ever, on the not of the woman suing Mcd's about the coffee, my friends dad was the lawyer in the case and it wasn't because the coffee was hot, it was because it was so hot that when she dropped it it scalded her so bad she had to get plastic surgery to fix herself in certain "areas"
    Ew at the chicks with dicks in your sig!

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic.

If they wouldn't act in their capacity as security guards [now having dented the reputation of their firm and contractor], they should have acted as human beings.

Urbanity is a plague on the human condition.

Maybe the guards were her pimps :dontknow:

I can't believe they didn't pull her away or even help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    That's absolutely disgusting.

However, if those security guards had got involved, they would be at risk of being sued. I don't suppose for one second that they want to have financial hardship in these times. It's a sad state of affairs.
    Yes, if the guards have intervened, they could have lost their trial. That is 100% correct!

They just watch anything violent go on, even if a suicide bomber is about to blow up a building, they do not do anything because it is not with their "policy".

They are complete robots. Stupid guards deserve to be fired.

ReputationRep:
    It's in their contract.. don't blame the guards, blame the contract.
    Helping her would have been breach of contract/dereliction of duty, no matter how sad it may be that it is that way.
    There are some regulations similar to this in the army, and the consequences can be very harsh.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what would have occurred if she had been raped, or something equally as grotesque.
    What is the point in hiring security workers if you limit their jobs to the bare minimum?

It is EMURIKA.
    Full of demented children.
    The security guards must've just watched and enjoyed I guess:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    A little like the PCSO problem we have over here.
    I call them the PCSP. police community support pussys

ReputationRep:
    Well if the contract says so...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.