Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone use a matte top coat on their nails? watch

ReputationRep:
    I read about one in a magazine but stupidly forgot to note it down - I'm getting a little tired of high-gloss finishes and want to try something new. Does anyone know of anything like this?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, OPI Matte Nail Envy. It's a treatment, but can also be used as a topcoat.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OPI-Matte-Na...6005258&sr=8-1

ReputationRep:
    There is also Essie Matte About You finisher, looks really fantastic! Seems like a good way to keep on trend but not have to spend out on all new nail polishes. Credit for the below pictures to Scrangie.com.

Before - just a couple of coats of Essie nail polish, no topcoat.

After - with the Essie Matte About You finisher.

ReputationRep:
    I also use the Essie topcoat! it is amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    There is also Essie Matte About You finisher, looks really fantastic! Seems like a good way to keep on trend but not have to spend out on all new nail polishes. Credit for the below pictures to Scrangie.com.

Before - just a couple of coats of Essie nail polish, no topcoat.

After - with the Essie Matte About You finisher.
    That's the one! Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I use a Barry M under/top coat it can be used as both. Or a sally hansel clear varnish to make the varnish shine and stand out.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.