Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right heres the problem...

07/08 I went to liverpool and recieved student fees and loans etc but sacked it and came home.

08/09 I went to magee in derry and did a foundation year but recieved a busary thing for the course fees so I didnt need the student finance to pay the tuition fees(they were reversed about a month ago) but got the loans etc to live.

09/10 After I finally got the student loan tuition fees reversed I sent off the forms to apply for tuition fees for the course this year which is the first year off it. They sent me a letter the day saying im not getting the tuition fees. Are you not entitled to 5 years funding? They are giving me a loan to live with but thats only about 1200 a term all in.

Why would I not get tuition fees if I have only recieved them once so far.

ReputationRep:
    It isn't based on fees received it is based on years of study Your entitlement is the length of your new course plus 1 year minus the years studied so far
    this works out as 3 + 1 - 2 = 2 years' entitlement. You need to pay your first year yourself.

ReputationRep:
    How come they are still paying me a support loan but not getting the Supplementary Grant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brads)
    How come they are still paying me a support loan but not getting the Supplementary Grant
    Because thats the only thing they keep paying, they just do

ReputationRep:
    well looks like that was a waste of a year and a half, were someone supposed to find 3 grand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brads)
    well looks like that was a waste of a year and a half, were someone supposed to find 3 grand
    Thats why you should think first, theyre not going to fund endless degrees and changes, thats why youre not supposed to be trying to find over 3 grand but if you use your chance then thats all you can do.

ReputationRep:
    fund endless degrees and changes? I dont care about the maintaince loan its just the lump sum to the tune of 3k I dont and never have had. They funded 1 years tuition fee so far...and its a LOAN not as if they dont get it back. jokers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brads)
    fund endless degrees and changes? I dont care about the maintaince loan its just the lump sum to the tune of 3k I dont and never have had. They funded 1 years tuition fee so far...and its a LOAN not as if they dont get it back. jokers
    If you dont care about the maintenance loan you dont need it so use that. Its a loan meaning for years they dont have that money, plenty of countries dont have governments that do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    If you dont care about the maintenance loan you dont need it so use that. Its a loan meaning for years they dont have that money, plenty of countries dont have governments that do this.
    I would use it if i was getting one but im not. No tuition fee no maintaince loan and theirs some countrys who would shoot people for acting ******* *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brads)
    I would use it if i was getting one but im not. No tuition fee no maintaince loan and theirs some countrys who would shoot people for acting ******* *****
    then why did you say 'How come they are still paying me a support loan but not getting the Supplementary Grant'

ReputationRep:
    then why did you say 'How come they are still paying me a support loan but not getting the Supplementary Grant'
    Tuition Fees - No
    Supplementary Grant - No
    Student Support Loan - Yes

Unless I just use the rest of my 1200 a term support loan to pay it off and not eat wash or have a life for the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brads)
    Tuition Fees - No
    Supplementary Grant - No
    Student Support Loan - Yes

Unless I just use the rest of my 1200 a term support loan to pay it off and not eat wash or have a life for the year.
    Well the 'student support loan' = maintenance loan which you said you didnt care about so thats why i said use that

ReputationRep:
    Well the 'student support loan' = maintenance loan which you said you didnt care about so thats why i said use that
    ah my bad, just in a ****** mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brads)
    ah my bad, just in a ****** mood
    its alright i just followed what you said then got confused

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same situation mate...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.