Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are out of town shopping mall really better than towns and cities? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Compare, Trafford Centre to Manchester City Centre, it seem Manchester City Centre is far more better, for retail offerings.

ReputationRep:
    Out of city shopping centers are there to often larger stores closer together. Sometimes you get a wider choice etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh the Trafford Centre. It’s basically all the chain shops in Manchester city centre (devoid of all the cool independent ones) crammed into one indoor area that is difficult to reach unless you either a) live in Trafford or b) can drive. I know you can take a tram and a shuttle bus, but I cannot be bothered, especially when it only takes me 5 minutes to get into the city centre. Plus, compared to town a larger proportion of children seem to go there, possibly because it’s more ‘family orientated’. Ugh families...

My German uncle went there a few months ago and kept telling his wife how ‘The Trafford centre is like Las Vegas.’ It’s certainly got the tackiness of Vegas (Egyptian themed ice cream dispensers!?), just without the fun (gambling).

Apologies for going off on one. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,

ReputationRep:
    Bicester Village is awesome. But then westfields in london is also epic, and this in a city centre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Nombre)
    Ugh the Trafford Centre. It’s basically all the chain shops in Manchester city centre (devoid of all the cool independent ones) crammed into one indoor area that is difficult to reach unless you either a) live in Trafford or b) can drive. I know you can take a tram and a shuttle bus, but I cannot be bothered, especially when it only takes me 5 minutes to get into the city centre. Plus, compared to town a larger proportion of children seem to go there, possibly because it’s more ‘family orientated’. Ugh families...

My German uncle went there a few months ago and kept telling his wife how ‘The Trafford centre is like Las Vegas.’ It’s certainly got the tackiness of Vegas (Egyptian themed ice cream dispensers!?), just without the fun (gambling).

Apologies for going off on one. :o:
    The trafford is getting tacky now, half the centre is shut anyway, cos there is empty shops apparently some more as well, because certain stores are losing money plus rent being higher... Manchester has all the shops that trafford has, plus more designer ones, and independant ones. it is alot better to shop in the city centre.

ReputationRep:
    All shopping malls are horrible places to be.

ReputationRep:
    The advantage of a shopping mall is that its all in the same place. I prefer to go out in manchester then tc, but tc is more convenient especially for evenings. I dont think its got any shops that manchester city centre doesnt have.

In sheffield, im pretty sure meadowhall has more to offer than sheffield city centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Hewitt)

In sheffield, im pretty sure meadowhall has more to offer than sheffield city centre.
    MedowHELL does have more to offer, but I find it hopelessly boring!!

I don't mind smaller places like York designer outlet though!

I do get most of my clothes from medowhall because it is only a train ride away for me.

ReputationRep:
    RT
    (Original post by darigan)
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,
    I hate shopping malls,

ReputationRep:
    No

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.