Turn on thread page Beta

Drink Driving, Your Opinion! watch

• View Poll Results: Would you ban drinking and driving?
    Yes
    67.50%
    No
    26.67%
    Meh
    5.83%

(Original post by deploythecowcatcher)
    Heavyweights like me are real men. You honestly saying you wanna be like a little girl, who has 2 shots and ends up drunk??
    Yeah, it's not cool being the sober one when everyone else is mashed and then having to pay another £20 to get soo.

I generally don't eat before I go out so its cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. Though I think there shouldn't be 0 limit as I think it'd be ridiculous for someone to be prosecuted for drink driving and lose there licence for a year just because they had a pudding or chocolate which contained a tiny amount of alcohol or consumed food made in wine etc

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying when I am getting pissed till 4 am and then I have to drive at 9am sometimes. I mean I feel fine but I guess I must still be over the limit perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Hell yes, get drunk on a £10 sounds good to me! Rather than £50...

I wish I was more of a lightweight lol. But I do work around it, eat less, and drink quicker, sticking to vodka, does the trick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potential Trigger)
    It's annoying when I am getting pissed till 4 am and then I have to drive at 9am sometimes. I mean I feel fine but I guess I must still be over the limit perhaps.
    Yeah you probably are with that little time between. But that's definitely annoying, had to get the bus into work a few times before since I'd had a late one and feel awful at 8am - got to be over the limit..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    No, I didn't say that, read it again!
    DRINK DRIVING IS FINE, GET OVER IT, MEN CAN HANDLE THERE DRINK!

ReputationRep:
    some bell just neged me..

ReputationRep:
    You know, you say you get negged a lot, but your rep level never moves. But your comments are idiotic so I am going to neg you and your rep level really will move into the red.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    I agree. Though I think there shouldn't be 0 limit as I think it'd be ridiculous for someone to be prosecuted for drink driving and lose there licence for a year just because they had a pudding or chocolate which contained a tiny amount of alcohol or consumed food made in wine etc
    This. There needs to be a small tolerance level. But otherwise, yes, its not a good thing to be doing.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean banned?

Permanently banned? (not sure what the current rule is)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    You know, you say you get negged a lot, but your rep level never moves. But your comments are idiotic so I am going to neg you and your rep level really will move into the red.
    im guessing your the guy that just positivly reped me, because my rep just shot up!

idiot

ReputationRep:
    I want to neg you, but the epic Simpsons reference in your user name stops me...

ReputationRep:
    im guessing your the guy that just positivly reped me, because my rep just shot up!

idiot
    Nope, someone else took pity on your red gem,

Check your rep list, i'm in the negatives!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    I want to neg you, but the epic Simpsons reference in your user name stops me...
    lool, i loved it when burns said that!

ReputationRep:
    lool, i loved it when burns said that!
    Smithers: "Sir, although I do enjoy your loud, excessive honking, it doesn't seem to be moving the crowd."

Burns: "Deploy the cow catcher."

Back when The Simpsons was still at its best...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Smithers: "Sir, although I do enjoy your loud, excessive honking, it doesn't seem to be moving the crowd."

Burns: "Deploy the cow catcher."

Back when The Simpsons was still at its best...
    * and then it gets stuck on some fat guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    It is sensible as is.

A total zero tolerance policy of ANY alcohol in the blood is absurd.
    This.

If I were to have a taste of some lager/cider, say a couple of gulps, that would not affect my ability to drive in the slightest.

A zero tolerance policy is daft.

ReputationRep:
    Trouble with a zero limit I think is... say you had a few pints in the evening but then had a proper nights sleep and say a 10 hour gap. You should be perfectly fine to drive in the morning - but there could well be a very small trace still in your system, this would mean you could be prosecuted if the limit was set at zero, and if it was you may have to wait 24 hours before driving even if you had not drunk much.

ReputationRep:
    I said yes in the poll. But then I read the question properly. You can't say have a complete ban on alcohol because then you couldn't have say one brandy chocolate even if it's just a little button size chocolate. I'd say lower the limit and increase the consequences.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.