The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I dont really like it - seems like a load of superficial nonsense to me - even if i was in a relationship, I think I would find it to be quite sickening with all the silly flowers and love heart shaped gifts and what not....
I dont like it, just another pointless celebration to make single people feel bad about themselves.
I don't really give a **** about V Day. Good thing about being single thought is that you don't need to buy gifts for anyone.
Reply 23
I love it, cause its my birthday hehe :woo:
Reply 24
I'm indiferrent :dontknow:
Reply 25
ily_em
I'm indiferrent :dontknow:

Same, I couldn't really care about it...
No, I didn't like it at all. But things have changed this year and I'm now looking forward to it :biggrin:.
Miss_Scarlett
I have started this thread to check that i am not on my own in not looking forward to valentines day, due to a lack of a person to share it with :sad: I want to feel like less of a loser :sad:....lol :p:

Did you not find someone nice after our last chat? :frown: Chin up, someone will come along soon
The question should be does anyone like Valentines Day? I think it's the most hated day of the year. People that are single feel bad (which is ridiculous) and people that are in a relationship either feel pressured in to getting their partner something or say 'oh bloody hell it's just another day, I don't need Hallmark to tell me when to express my feelings'.

Stating the obvious - check.
Reply 29
I shall enjoy basking in my singledom, watching horror films and devouring chocolate whilst in my pajamas with friends! :biggrin:
Reply 30
I'm with someone and I still hate it.
Not a fan of all the soppiness and pointless little gifts. Good thing me && my boyfriend aren't celebrating it really :biggrin:
CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't really give a **** about V Day. Good thing about being single thought is that you don't need to buy gifts for anyone.

Surely though you'd feel good if somebody puts in the time and effort to buy you a gift? I'm sure you'd be happy! :yep:
Playboy King
Surely though you'd feel good if somebody puts in the time and effort to buy you a gift? I'm sure you'd be happy! :yep:

Sure I would. But I don't have a boyfriend at the moment so it's not gonna happen :frown:
Reply 33
Miss_Scarlett
I have started this thread to check that i am not on my own in not looking forward to valentines day, due to a lack of a person to share it with :sad: I want to feel like less of a loser :sad:....lol :p:

ha ha, yup not something to particularly look forward to when your single now is it? I'm not sure you don't like Valentines... Just kinda think you don't like being single :p: They should have made Valentine's in the summer for the sake of us single people, the cold makes it worse!
Reply 34
Bex191
I'm with someone and I still hate it.
Not a fan of all the soppiness and pointless little gifts. Good thing me && my boyfriend aren't celebrating it really :biggrin:

haha now who said that romance is dead? :o:
Me. Not because it's commericalised crap, or because if you should love someone then you should be able to show them any day of the year, or because it's heteronormative, or because there's no real heart in it, but just because I am single and bitter, and had to sign for a massive box of flowers for my flatmate today :p:
I don't care about valentines day. It annoys me
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Sure I would. But I don't have a boyfriend at the moment so it's not gonna happen :frown:

Never say never. You can be sure to expect some trademark roses with a card initialled P.K :sexface:
I shall say no more :sexface:
Playboy King
Never say never. You can be sure to expect some trademark roses with a card initialled P.K :sexface:
I shall say no more :sexface:

Lovely :biggrin:
Reply 39
Sick to death with it - can't switch on the TV for a minute without hearing valentines this, valentines that.:mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending