Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    awesome salaries anyway.... i don't really understand why they pay the interns the same as the graduates. here in spain, if you even get an internship you are happy...
    i have an offer from macquarie for their graduate programme. any more insights about macquarie (capital) will be highly appreciated!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lateral_banker)
    awesome salaries anyway.... i don't really understand why they pay the interns the same as the graduates. here in spain, if you even get an internship you are happy...
    i have an offer from macquarie for their graduate programme. any more insights about macquarie (capital) will be highly appreciated!!!
    I'm interning there this summer! Don't know what it will be like though, so don't think I can be very useful to you! Will you be working in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark_link)
    I'm interning there this summer! Don't know what it will be like though, so don't think I can be very useful to you! Will you be working in London?
    will you be in advisory or funds? yeah, i'll be in london, i'm accepting the offer, really looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the summer intern salary is for RBS in GBM?

ReputationRep:
    Do people interning in Ops get the £1k re-location wage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lateral_banker)
    will you be in advisory or funds? yeah, i'll be in london, i'm accepting the offer, really looking forward to it.
    I assume I will be in advisory but I am not 100% sure as they have not told me where I will be working yet - what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dark_link)
    I assume I will be in advisory but I am not 100% sure as they have not told me where I will be working yet - what about you?
    they said i'd probably be in advisory, but they dont know yet. when do you start? did you choose them among other options? looking forward to it?! cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I start on june 21st I think - or the nearest monday. they were the first people I heard back from and i had a final round at goldman sachs but withrew as I had to respond to macquarie before the interview. don't regret it at all though - gs would have been tough and I really liked macquarie and I thought there are worse ways to make a job decision than to choose the people you enjoyed meeting most.

when do you start?

ReputationRep:
    can't agree more! i also had a great vibe with my interviewers, and you could tell they really cared during the whole process.
    i start the last week of august, one week in london, then looks like a couple of weeks in sidney and back to london..

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting $1,295 pw or 860 Sterlings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rulerofthequeensnavee)
    How big a part for you does salary play in choosing which offer to accept? And what is on the market atm? The ones I know of (all IBD):

JP Morgan = £42k + £1k relocation = £908pw
    Nomura = £42k + £1k relocation = £908pw
    Moelis & Co = £45k = £865pw
    BoA-Merrill Lynch = £45k = £865pw
    Credit Suisse = £36k + £1k relocation = £792pw
    Rothschild = £38k = £731pw

To be very honest, I have been looking for a Trading and Sales Internship and will be taking an Off-cycle internship. I had heard a figure of £800 somewhere but I believed it to be the MONTHLY pay not WEEKLY (i'm too used to being a poor student to even imagine such a salary).....these intern salaries have caught me totally dumbfounded...now I see why nobody discloses their salary.....the pay is great but I would have done it for MUCH less (i.e. closer to £0 per month)...LOL!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wondering, can anyone explain these seemingly nonsensical pay figures? Is this website just total garbage?

http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/sea...3&show=reviews

• Salary: £26,000 - £27,999
    • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
    • Reviewed in: August 2012

Does this mean the salary you WOULD be paid if you worked the whole year at that rate? That is the only interpretation that seems sensible. I just don't get why they would be so confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by persist)
    Hey, I was just wondering, can anyone explain these seemingly nonsensical pay figures? Is this website just total garbage?

http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/sea...3&show=reviews

• Salary: £26,000 - £27,999
    • Duration: Internship (1-4 Months)
    • Reviewed in: August 2012

Does this mean the salary you WOULD be paid if you worked the whole year at that rate? That is the only interpretation that seems sensible. I just don't get why they would be so confusing.
    Yes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.