The Student Room Group

Putting ON weight whilst dieting

So...I've been eating very healthily and excercising pretty much everyday:

Breakfast: 2 oatcakes & peanut butter, smoothie

Lunch:s-smilie:alad or sandwich with a low fat filling

Dinner: Something light as don't like to go to bed feeling full. Maybe falafal & cous cous..that kind of thing.

I haven't even been craving junk food, I sometimes have a small amount of chocolate but that's it.

I've also been doing pretty much 50 minutes of pilates a day and 1/2 an hour of dance cardio every day. Today I did an hour and a half.

I know pilates wont make you lose weight, it simply tones but I'm eating a lot less than I used to and I've put on half a stone. I'm not overweight, but my 'happy weight' is about half a stone less than I have been weighing recently (so now a stone heavier..)

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas as to what it could be/what I can do???
Reply 1
Anonymous
So...I've been eating very healthily and excercising pretty much everyday:

Breakfast: 2 oatcakes & peanut butter, smoothie

Lunch:s-smilie:alad or sandwich with a low fat filling

Dinner: Something light as don't like to go to bed feeling full. Maybe falafal & cous cous..that kind of thing.

I haven't even been craving junk food, I sometimes have a small amount of chocolate but that's it.

I've also been doing pretty much 50 minutes of pilates a day and 1/2 an hour of dance cardio every day. Today I did an hour and a half.

I know pilates wont make you lose weight, it simply tones but I'm eating a lot less than I used to and I've put on half a stone. I'm not overweight, but my 'happy weight' is about half a stone less than I have been weighing recently (so now a stone heavier..)

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas as to what it could be/what I can do???

Maybe it's muscle? I'm pretty sure I heard muscle weighs heavier than fat. I was 13 and a half stone, then I lost weight and I was down to 11 stone, and now it just keeps fluctuating, sometimes it's 12 stone. The only thing I can put it down to is muscle as I've practically lost all my fat now.

I've started running recently (training for a marathon) and the weight has just been dropping off me. I think the body burns fat after 45 minutes of exercise and my minimum run at the minute is 3 hours. So I would recommend running or swimming if you want to shift fat. Dropping alcohol will help as well.
What iwwhty said! ^

You could try keeping track of your measurements?
I've been dieting and have recently started going to the gym (therefore may not lose as much weight as before/gain some weight due to gaining muscle).. so have been taking note of my measurements!

You may not be losing weight.. but if it's due to muscle, you may still be losing inches! :smile:
Reply 3
"dance cardio" that's exercise :lolwut:
Reply 4
Probably muscle like others have said, or in the extreme being pregnant as Ham22 suggested :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending