Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pubs in Reading watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey me and my friends are 17 and wondering if u guys know of any pubs in Reading that will serve us :P
    Thaaanks xx

ReputationRep:
    buuuuuuuump

ReputationRep:
    your 17, you shouldn't be going to pubs, you should be drinking lambrini and special brew underneath a bridge somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    your 17, you shouldn't be going to pubs, you should be drinking lambrini and special brew underneath a bridge somewhere
    been there, done that, and it was strongbow and sainsbury value vodka.
    now we want somewhere that isn't cold and rainy and where there are new people... haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by issih)
    been there, done that, and it was strongbow and sainsbury value vodka.
    now we want somewhere that isn't cold and rainy and where there are new people... haha.
    ahhahaha - Hope you don't mind, but i had a quick look at your profile pic, both the girls in it look quite young, with the girl on the right looking v. young (you/your mate?).

From past experience (but not in reading), look for the most decrepit looking pub with a senile bar-man, your best chance will be there. But i'd say you haven't ogt a hope with any clubs, although, no harm in trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darigan)
    ahhahaha - Hope you don't mind, but i had a quick look at your profile pic, both the girls in it look quite young, with the girl on the right looking v. young (you/your mate?).

From past experience (but not in reading), look for the most decrepit looking pub with a senile bar-man, your best chance will be there. But i'd say you haven't ogt a hope with any clubs, although, no harm in trying.
    well that pic was taken on my 17th birthday, i guess i just look young in it, in fact i often get mistaken for being in my early 20's... haha. but you're right, the girl on the right does look quite young for her age. anyways she's not even coming, it's not how old we look that's the issue we all look 18+ it's just whether they'll serve us lol

ReputationRep:
    You need to get hold of / make some fake ID. A scanner, photoshop and a laminating machine should be enough to fool the more stupid landlords out there.

Worked for me when I was 17 anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I used to manage a pub, and i know that it was piss-easy to pic out under-agers that were nervous about getting served.

Confidence is key, but that doesn't mean walking in shouting "I'll have a pint of your finest ale bar-keep"

ReputationRep:
    None of them I'm 20 but I get ID'd everywhere
    Lambrini under a bridge

ReputationRep:
    purple turtle maybe?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.