Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How come Black girl-White guy relationships are so rare? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There was an interesting study based on US statistics in some magazine i saw once that said whereas there are about 88 'available' (not in prison and alive) white men per 100 white women there are only fifty-something black men per 100 black women. Combined with the statistical truth that there are, as you say, less white man - black women couples than black man - white woman, you do wonder what black women do :erm:

ReputationRep:
    you people are lame

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    So then they're not appealing to white dudes?
    What? Just because they haven't dated a white guy doesn't mean they're not appealing to white guys. e.g. I can be appealing to black guys but just because I've never dated one doesn't mean I'm not appealing to them.

ReputationRep:
    Well there's probably lots of different reasons:

-it does seem that there are more racist men than there are racist women. I base this on my life experience.
    -women are supposed to have paler skin than men because we need more vitamin D or something like that. Therefore very dark skin is supposedly more attractive on men than on women. 'Tall, dark and handsome'.
    -Black guys have bigger muscles than white guys, and I think this makes black women less attracted to white guys.
    -Black guys also tend to be really confident, another reason black girls might not like white guys so much. Nerdy and awkward in comparison?
    -Most black girls are very extroverted, even more so than black guys, there's nothing wrong with this, and many men prefer extroverted girls, but a lot prefer introverted girls and so might end up always having white girlfriends because of this.
    -Rumours about penis size attracting the white girls to the black guys, and the opposite for black girls and white guys? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I think the OP means black girls, not mixed race. That's different....

I dont really get how it is different!!
    My mum is black and my dads white hahaha so there are some black girls with white guys :P

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's as Chris Rock says.

Black women aren't interested in white men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_or_coffee?)
    You see Black guy-White girl relationships all the time, its very common. However, Black girl-White guy relationships seem to be extreamly rare. Why is this?
    Because there aren't that many black people in the UK. Duh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey-bee)
    I dont really get how it is different!!
    My mum is black and my dads white hahaha so there are some black girls with white guys :P
    lol black isnt the same as mixed race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    you're black? :afraid:
    :yes: Why so shook?

ReputationRep:
    But they changed their appearances to look more European. So they would appeal to more white men.
    Loool so East Africans have also changed their appearances
    because they have softer features? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    Where did I say that? I was talking about Beyoncé in particular.

ReputationRep:
    lol black isnt the same as mixed race.
    Okay fair enough! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    There was an interesting study based on US statistics in some magazine i saw once that said whereas there are about 88 'available' (not in prison and alive) white men per 100 white women there are only fifty-something black men per 100 black women. Combined with the statistical truth that there are, as you say, less white man - black women couples than black man - white woman, you do wonder what black women do :erm:
    There are other races than black and white- asians, latinos, mixed race people and erm, others... so there is plenty to go around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    But neither of them have dated a white guy :unsure:
    I heard that Rihanna once went out with Shia Labeouf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skarbo)
    Maybe it's as Chris Rock says.

Black women aren't interested in white men.
    I think this is correct, but why aren't black women interested in white men?

As a person living in an area where the majority of people are black - I find most black girls to be extremely loud, bad mannered, feisty and very damn rude. As soon as they see a boy they go crazy, pull up their skirt, stick out their ass and boobs, add grease to their hair and start acting really rude and quick frankly like idiots! As soon as you corner them in the street they love to stick up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    (Original post by Wikipedia)
    According to a recent mtDNA study, a large proportion of the maternal ancestry of Somalis consists of the M1 haplogroup, which is common among Ethiopians, Egyptians, Libyans and Berbers. M1 is believed to have originated in Asia,[33] where its parent M clade represents the majority of mtDNA lineages[34] (particularly in India).[35] This haplogroup is also thought to possibly correlate with the Afro-Asiatic language family:[36]
    Just to make sure you got that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    I read the exact same article! How random. I can't remember where it was, but it was interesting. They calculated how many available black women to available black men and the stats were really harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Where did I say that? I was talking about Beyoncé in particular.
    Your saying black people can't have soft features huh? LMAO .. does that mean my features are fake because I am from Djibouti ?:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJlover)
    :yes: Why so shook?
    i didn't know

i thought you were from qatar or something :coma:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.