Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    to all nursing students,

what is your current time table like?

placement timetable and uni/lecture timetables please

ReputationRep:
    Uni days, i do Mon and Tue- 9-4. Then Wed, 9-12.

At placement i do shifts of either 7-3 or 1.30-9.30 four days a week because with this placement we have uni study days on the monday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_90)
    Uni days, i do Mon and Tue- 9-4. Then Wed, 9-12.

At placement i do shifts of either 7-3 or 1.30-9.30 four days a week because with this placement we have uni study days on the monday.
    what kind of subject do you cover at uni?

are you a 1st year because you times seem pretty decent.

ReputationRep:
    erm, well this was mine this week

On placement, my shifts are 7am-8pm 3 days a week, and a 6hour shift

ReputationRep:
    My timetable at the moment is 9-1 and 2-4/5 on Mon, Tues and Thurs. Wed and Fri are just the morning ones.

In that we do 2 lectures each for Applied Clinical Care, The Practice of Caring, Understanding Evidence Based Practice and Public Health.

I have the our first years timetable if that's what you're after? I'm in 2nd!

Placements are 5 days a week for 6 weeks. That can be roughly 7-3, 1:30-9:30, or if you're lucky, 9-5

ReputationRep:
    I'm in uni 9-4 monday-friday apart from half day on a wednesday. And on placement it's 5 days a week for 6 weeks 7-2:30 or 1:30-9 mostly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    what kind of subject do you cover at uni?

are you a 1st year because you times seem pretty decent.
    I am indeed a first year

Last semester we covered a Nursing people module, which covered aspects such as communication, infection control, working with different patients etc.
    We also did a contemporary influences on health module, covering the likes of cultural aspects, epidemiology, inequalities etc.

We've just started a module on organisation & management of care, things such as consent, development of nursing and what looks to be a more law orientated side of things.
    Also a fundamentals of nursing module, were we do most of our a&p, drug calcs, pharmacology etc side of things. This is also where we do most of our clinical skills within the labs at uni.

Then throughout the whole year we have a professional practitioner module, covering the likes of reflection, numeracy, PDPs etc.

ReputationRep:
    thank for this guys it has really helpped me get a good idea of what you cover.

(Original post by subcutaneous)
    You cover alot of science. that is what i like to see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballerinabetty)
    thank for this guys it has really helpped me get a good idea of what you cover.

You cover alot of science. that is what i like to see

Thats second year, first year is a lot of social sciences, accountable practitioner, professionalism work, second year is the science and the skills

ReputationRep:
    at the moment

Monday: Placement
    Tuesday: University 9-5pm
    wednesday Placement or indivdual learning (am) & university activites (pm)
    thursday Placement
    friday Placement

i'm only on 9-5pms in placement at the moment as i'm with the CPNs who don't work weekends.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herbal bug)
    at the moment

Monday: Placement
    Tuesday: University 9-5pm
    Wednesday Placement or individual learning (am) & university activities (pm)
    Thursday Placement
    Friday Placement

I'm only on 9-5pms in placement at the moment as I'm with the CPNs who don't work weekends.
    I know you typed this ages ago but it appears your only at uni 1 day a week, is this right???:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathyowen)
    I know you typed this ages ago but it appears your only at uni 1 day a week, is this right???:confused:
    Yes, keele have had the idea of having one day in placement uni a week, with 3.5 days in placements. therefore when we're in uni we can continue learning and ask questions related to practice if we need to.
    It also means our theory weeks are less in number, for instance this module, I've only had 3 solid weeks in uni and the rest in placement.

Its a really good idea as we use it as a break from placement, a chance to catch up and feels like our learning is on going.
    does that make sense? Hope so..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2010

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.