Turn on thread page Beta

OK, so I joined a Uni group in September and made a load of new friends. Some closer than others. One friend and I went through very similar problems (lost family) and helped each other get through the **** times. The guy in question is a champion martial arts person.

A few weeks ago, we had an argument, and he butted me. All was forgiven, but it still plays on my mind. Me, him and another friend are signed up for getting a house together in the Summer. Also, upon trying to sort the "butting" issue out, I was told he had a biro pen on stand by in case I kicked off on him...

I don't know how I feel about this.
    Advice welcome.

ReputationRep:
    don't piss off the black-belt.

Imagine living with him a realising that he drank the last of your milk, what do you, what do-o you do? Risk a butting and a pen stabbing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    OK, so I joined a Uni group in September and made a load of new friends. Some closer than others. One friend and I went through very similar problems (lost family) and helped each other get through the **** times. The guy in question is a champion martial arts person.

A few weeks ago, we had an argument, and he butted me. All was forgiven, but it still plays on my mind. Me, him and another friend are signed up for getting a house together in the Summer. Also, upon trying to sort the "butting" issue out, I was told he had a biro pen on stand by in case I kicked off on him...

I don't know how I feel about this.
    Advice welcome.
    What does your intuition tell you? If you feel anxious about being around this guy, I wouldn't move in with him. He obviously can't control himself very well, if he feels the need to use physical violence when he gets in to an argument. I imagine pressures can increase when friends actually move in together so if he's already highly strung before you even move in together, can you imagine what he would be like if a common household problem occurred?

I forgot to mention he was drunk when it happened.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention he was drunk when it happened.
    It's not much of an excuse...what happens when he gets drunk again? You're just going to be on edge all of the time.

Am not on edge, I just don't want it to happen. Next time I will fight back, probably lose but still...

ReputationRep:
    Am not on edge, I just don't want it to happen. Next time I will fight back, probably lose but still...
    Next time? an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. If you don't want it to happen, don't move in with him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.