Turn on thread page Beta

Is this site for REAL?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok maybe I'm just being retarded here, or not getting the joke or whatever, but this site: http://www.theunioncares.com/ is pretty scary if it's real, or seems so to me... Like the organ posession bit etc. The only things which make me think it's not real are their night vision eye thins and the fact that in the picture gallery of the guy who works as a "level 5 repo man" in their careers section there's a picture of him receving some kind of lapdance...

Aarg maybe my tiredness has removed my sense of humour :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I think the same thing about TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    Ok maybe I'm just being retarded here, or not getting the joke or whatever, but this site: http://www.theunioncares.com/ is pretty scary if it's real, or seems so to me... Like the organ posession bit etc. The only things which make me think it's not real are their night vision eye thins and the fact that in the picture gallery of the guy who works as a "level 5 repo man" in their careers section there's a picture of him receving some kind of lapdance...

Aarg maybe my tiredness has removed my sense of humour :p:
    As far as the website layout goes.... it sucks Big time at first i was like WTF another wannabemyspace?

ReputationRep:
    That can't be real.

ReputationRep:
    Er, I would imagine not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    That can't be real.
    Yeah that's what I was kinda thinking...kinda wish it was though, being able to see in the dark with night-vision would be freakin' awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just as confused LOL. It's seems too whacky to be for real...

EDIT: I think it's something to do with a movie:

Synopsis:

In the futuristic action-thriller Repo Men, humans have extended and improved our lives through highly sophisticated and expensive mechanical organs created by a company called The Union. The dark side of these medical breakthroughs is that if you don't pay your bill, The Union sends its highly skilled repo men to take back its property...with no concern for your comfort or survival.

Jude Law plays Remy, one of the best organ repo men in the business. When he suffers a cardiac failure on the job, he awakens to find himself fitted with the company's top-of-the-line heart-replacement...as well as a hefty debt. But a side effect of the procedure is that his heart's no longer in the job. When he can't make the payments, The Union sends its toughest enforcer, Remy's former partner Jake (Academy Award® winner Forest Whitaker), to track him down.

Now that the hunter has become the hunted, Remy joins Beth (Alice Braga), another debtor who teaches him how to vanish from the system. And as he and Jake embark on a chase across a landscape populated by maniacal friends and foes, one man will become a reluctant champion for thousands on the run.

Release date: April 2, 2010

Genre: Futuristic action-thriller

Cast: Jude Law, Forest Whitaker, Liev Schreiber, RZA, Alice Braga, Carice van Houten

Directed by: Miguel Sapochnik

Screenplay by: Eric Garcia & Garrett Lerner

Based on the Novel "The Repossession Mambo" by: Eric Garcia

Producer: Scott Stuber

Executive Producers: Miguel Sapochnik, Jonathan Mone, Mike Drake, Valerie Dean, Andrew Z. Davis
    link: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...ages&Itemid=72

ReputationRep:
    It's a (rather clever) viral marketing campaign for the upcoming film Repo Men.

I can't believe anyone would think it's real. It's like assuming the DHARMA websites that LOST used to use to promote actually sent you to the island. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ive signed up for my bionic heart :yes:

ReputationRep:
    If you search Google for 'theunioncares', you will find within 10 seconds that it is a viral site advertising an upcoming movie...

edit: whoops, someone was faster.

ReputationRep:
    I can personally recommend the bionic heart

ReputationRep:
    are you for REAL?

ReputationRep:
    lol of course it's not real you plonkers, the music is pretty soothing though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    It's a (rather clever) viral marketing campaign for the upcoming film Repo Men.

I can't believe anyone would think it's real. It's like assuming the DHARMA websites that LOST used to use to promote actually sent you to the island. :p:
    phew ok, didn't know about the film :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's from a film.

If you have noscript on your firefox one of the things to block is universal pictures.

ReputationRep:
    Do I get both eyes for $345,000, or would I need to splash out double for a set?

Edit: I've just noticed their repo man looks exactly like Jude Law! I wonder how much a designer replacement head costs.

ReputationRep:
    If each politician in the Houses of Parliament could spare $876,000 they could each buy one of those spines.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I want wanna the bionic arm

And what a snip at just under $400,000

ReputationRep:
    Duh

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.