Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about Student Finance application watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help with my queries:

1. My Dad is self-employed, what tax year do we use to verify his income? The one ending this year in April?
    2. My parents have earnt less this tax year (2009-2010) due to my Dad being self-employed and not having as much work. Is it calculated overall on the most recent tax year (i.e. 2009-2010?) I hope this is the case!

Thanks in advance!!
    I'm sorry if these have already been answered elsewhere

ReputationRep:
    You will normally use 2008-09 tax year. Ie last year. If you want them to use this tax year if his income is 15% or more lower you need to let them know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    You will normally use 2008-09 tax year. Ie last year. If you want them to use this tax year if his income is 15% or more lower you need to let them know.
    Ok thank you!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.