Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im not gonna hide behind some anonymous thing to post this.

Just wanna bit of advice guys. In the past, i've always been ok, with like chatting to girls to their face, and on messanger programs and stuff. But theres this one girl, shes like 2 years below me, but for some reason, i cant pluck up the courage to talk to her face to face. God knows why. She's never on an messanger program, so they only way of reaching her is via facebook private mail. I just wondered if anyone had a bit of advice in what to say without is sounding too creepy.

Heres the deal
    > I want to get to know her before even contemplating asking for her number etc..
    > She is quite pretty
    > She's quite shy though
    > I dont think she's *****y or anything

Just a few tips really guys. And serious reply's only. Cba with them crappy reply's like "Heya babe, wanna quickie"

ReputationRep:
    Bump :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Find something you got in common and chat about that? music, movies, general hobbies etc.

To be honest unless you have been chatting to her for a bit try and keep off messages at first as it could seem a bit wierd.

she never on facebook chat? this is a good starting point! Just be yourself and if she's interested you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    [x] op is scared of talking to girls
    [x] op can only communcate via msn/fb
    [x] op needs to grow a pair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronaldo91)
    [x] op is scared of talking to girls
    [x] op can only communcate via msn/fb
    [x] op needs to grow a pair
    If you'd read the post fully you'd realise that thats not true. But like most others in this forum, your ignorant. Thanks for your reply dan. It seems she's never on facebook chat for some strange reason.

ReputationRep:
    Have you already messaged her before??
    It could look a bit creepy if you randomly start...I suppose you could search her profile (in a non-stalker way) for a talking point then post on her wall like
    'O HAI, i see...blah...etc' maybe without the o hai...

ReputationRep:
    Man up.

ReputationRep:
    Just say Hey. Good starting point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh_Mighty_One)
    If you'd read the post fully you'd realise that thats not true. But like most others in this forum, your ignorant. Thanks for your reply dan. It seems she's never on facebook chat for some strange reason.
    it's coz your on ldo

ReputationRep:
    Could check her Facebook to see if there's any similar interests there between you and use that as a starting point. (Don't know if you're friends on it though, presuming so as you said you don't see her on the chat) Maybe you'll feel more confident about approaching her in person if you do the initial getting to know each other online. It'd probably be better to talk to her in person though if you can, at least she knows you if she has added on fb.

ReputationRep:
    hi i seen you around i'm dave etc
    how u doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raceforthefishman)
    Have you already messaged her before??
    It could look a bit creepy if you randomly start...I suppose you could search her profile (in a non-stalker way) for a talking point then post on her wall like
    'O HAI, i see...blah...etc' maybe without the o hai...
    I disagree; "O HAI" is a necessity. :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.