Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TShadow383)

Yes, global warming is clearly armageddon :rolleyes:
    Why does your graph stop before the second half of the industrial revolution? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    wow, where did it snow like that in the U.K? recently of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    If you read through the UKIP manifesto, it's basically exactly what Conservative policy should be. They've got a sound basis for election, but don't have experienced enough people to lead and are still seen as a 'one-issue' party.
    Yupp
    That or the Libertarian Party...

(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    Can you ever trust a guy that uses the word 'Rule Brittania'? Hell no.
    You just used it, so we cannot trust you then?

(Original post by JakePearson)
    Can you trust a guy that thinks "Rule Britannia" is all one word. Oh hell no.
    Ownage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Texan88)
    I'm thinking of entering this next year if I have the time, and definitely entering it after I get back from the uk with whatever I buy. After Touring class you need a cage and I just don't wanna cage the hawk, I'll cage a gtr faster than you can say roll over though.

Co-driver spot is open right now
    Did I tell you that I am absolutely ******* immense on GT5 Prologue? And I have done various track day experiences, and you know, I am God's gift to Driving?

I am better than Schumacher.

Now that Co-Driver spot...

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, typo. I meant phrase. Subconscious took over for a second there.

I think that's worse than being rather of the patriotic conservative types but I can sense you're one of them too.
    Me? Patriotic conservative? :rofl:

Sorry, I'm nothing of the sort. I've lived in three countries in my lifetime and I've never felt particularly in love with any of them. Sure, you can be "proud" of achievements of great people that represent your countries, however I've always laughed at the idea of people weeping over a flag, or indeed the whole concept of the "nation state".

I'm a libertarian - not a conservative. In fact, I hate conservatives.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Global warming threads on here are always so full of fail. This one isn't any different.

ReputationRep:
    Well today was interesting, the passenger side rear tire on the hawk blew out on the highway... Luckily I was able to keep control, some pics of the aftermath...

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell mate! They look like brand new (ish) tyres as well!

Proper weird that! Do you think you got a puncture to cause that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Bloody hell mate! They look like brand new (ish) tyres as well!

Proper weird that! Do you think you got a puncture to cause that?

That's what I'm guessing it had to be.... The car had a slight rumble and then BOOM squeal stop. I was about to switch then out anyways they were wearing down, the angle just makes it look new

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm guessing it had to be.... The car had a slight rumble and then BOOM squeal stop. I was about to switch then out anyways they were wearing down, the angle just makes it look new
    Well, it looks they had plenty of tread on them, above 1.6mm anyway! Not dangerous.

Did the car try and spin then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Well, it looks they had plenty of tread on them, above 1.6mm anyway! Not dangerous.

Did the car try and spin then?

Yes very much so, had to counter steer to full lock right up until it stopped to keep it from spinning. Was one of those maneuvers that makes your but clench :eek3:

The tires, other than the blowout obviously, had about 1-1.5k miles left on them...

ReputationRep:
    Yes very much so, had to counter steer to full lock right up until it stopped to keep it from spinning. Was one of those maneuvers that makes your but clench :eek3:

The tires, other than the blowout obviously, had about 1-1.5k miles left on them...
    Well done! Definitely one of those adrenaline pumping moments...then you calm down, take in what happened and think S***!

That is really weird with the tyres, did the recovery man say anything to the cause? Would be interesting to see if it was a manufacture fault?

ReputationRep:
    Tow guy didn't say anything or the tire guy either, but going from the suddenness of it all it had to be a puncture

ReputationRep:
    Me? Patriotic conservative? :rofl:

Sorry, I'm nothing of the sort. I've lived in three countries in my lifetime and I've never felt particularly in love with any of them. Sure, you can be "proud" of achievements of great people that represent your countries, however I've always laughed at the idea of people weeping over a flag, or indeed the whole concept of the "nation state".

I'm a libertarian - not a conservative. In fact, I hate conservatives.
    Fair doos. I'm a libertarian too.

Liberal Democrat if you want to be precise

ReputationRep:
    Pics of the new tires not amazing but it shows how much better they are compared to the others... they're 20mm wider

275/40/17 BFG Gforce Sports, night and day difference between the Michelin snow tires

ReputationRep:
    Fair doos. I'm a libertarian too.

Liberal Democrat if you want to be precise
    A libertarian who votes for the UK Liberal Democrat Party?

Or just a liberal democrat?

ReputationRep:
    A libertarian who votes for the UK Liberal Democrat Party?

Or just a liberal democrat?
    A liberal democrat party member (Youth Representative on the Executive Committee for my are) AND a Libertarian

ReputationRep:
    A liberal democrat party member (Youth Representative on the Executive Committee for my are) AND a Libertarian
    Ahh I see. Nice.

It's true that the Lib Dems are the only party in the big three that care about civil liberties - very important to us libertarians. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I see. Nice.

It's true that the Lib Dems are the only party in the big three that care about civil liberties - very important to us libertarians. :yes:
    I would instantly leave the party if they started encroaching on civil liberties. Luckily, civil liberties is pretty much imbedded into the party constitution

Funnily in the Liberal Youth society at my uni, we were discussing our stances, and everyone else said they were against faith schools. I was the only one saying that they're fine. I don't see what's wrong with them. I felt like walking away and not looking back. I would like to think I took the true libertarian approach here. (The party line is that we're fine with faith schools btw).

ReputationRep:
    I would instantly leave the party if they started encroaching on civil liberties. Luckily, civil liberties is pretty much imbedded into the party constitution

Funnily in the Liberal Youth society at my uni, we were discussing our stances, and everyone else said they were against faith schools. I was the only one saying that they're fine. I don't see what's wrong with them. I felt like walking away and not looking back. I would like to think I took the true libertarian approach here. (The party line is that we're fine with faith schools btw).
    Nothing wrong with faith schools. As long as they are not funded by the government, the state has no right to regulate what private schools can teach.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.