Turn on thread page Beta

Friend confessed love.. watch

Announcements

Anonymous as they'll probably browse this site..

So basically I've been mates with this guy for around 4 years now and the other day I receive this random text saying that they've always felt strong feelings for me and that they want to do something with me on valentines day.

I thought this was slightly odd as;

1.) It's been so long
    2.) He's never shown any form of interest in me - he doesn't even flirt etc.
    3.) If he's known me for so long yet still confesses his love via text?

I have no feelings at all for this person apart from the fact we're good mates and I explained this to them. I feel rather guilty now, as if I've spent all these years leading him on or something?

I received/replied to the text last night and haven't heard anything yet.

Ideas?

(I'm feeling btw)

female*

ReputationRep:
    Left it too long because he also likes you as a friend and didnt wanna ruin that but hes only jus built courage/confidence to now. Plus by a text, well obv cos he darent say to your face. But im sure hell get over it. Tell him more apples on tree to pick from and lets stay good friends

ReputationRep:
    yeh tell him you dont like him..and in fact set him up with somemone else :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    If I were you I'd ignore the text. If he did it by text it probably meansone of two things; either his mates are playing a prank (do you definitely know it was him who sent the text?), or he's too shy to bring up the subject in person. So if you ignore it, chances are he'll never mention it and hopefully things will sort themselves out. If he does mention it next time you see him, just be open and honest if you don't share the feelings. It is a bit of a long time to spring that on someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emanuel_arsenalfc)
    yeh tell him you dont like him..and in face set him up with somemone else :sexface:
    This is actually a good idea, worth a try. Girls deal with this wrong so many times it's unbelievable. "I love you like a brother..." "We're just friends..." "I don't feel for you in that way..." It's depressing and doesnt help whatsoever, makes the person feel terrible.

That was for OP btw... and every other female

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.