Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I really want to go travelling somewhere, either in Easter or Summer, but my friends either aren't into travelling or can't really afford to. I don't want being alone to stop me and in my gap year I used a couple of companies that ran holidays for groups, such as Oasis Overland, who were particularly good. This meant being with likeminded people who all tended to bond pretty quickly, and also having somebody who knew what they were doing sorting out the itinerary.

I'm currently looking for a similar type of thing. However, I don't want to use a rubbish company; one of the ones on my gap year turned out to not really be a group thing, as nobody else had booked with them, so it was just me and my friend, which was quite dull.

So if anybody's had any particularly good experiences, please let me know! I'd use Oasis again but I want to do some different places.

I had a great time with the Green Tortoise. I found their pricing to be in my budget and the places we went to were AMAZING! during the trip I met lots of new friends and am still traveling and hooking up with them. (I just went to a party in San Francisco with a bunch of the people I met on my mexico trip!) Neway, here's a link:

How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.