Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
    Just flicking through the Surrey Comet whilst having my poached egg on a lightly toasted ciabatta (with garnish)
    :sogood:

Hungry now, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgonia)
    Yes, what garnish?

Yes, I want to know as well. :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcus_Q)
    Number 5 is rubbish, your mate is misinformed.

But more importantly... what kind of garnish?
    i was gonna hold back to heighten the anticipation but it was thinly sliced segments of lemon, arranged in order to form a flower :sly:

jack flynn btw has consistently been a great informant i will have a word though

ReputationRep:
    Nonsuch? You're sure this school exists, right?

ReputationRep:
    i was gonna hold back to heighten the anticipation but it was thinly sliced segments of lemon, arranged in order to form a flower :sly:

jack flynn btw has consistently been a great informant i will have a word though
    Thank god you told us........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Opposite of "sausage fest"?

Probably something like "gash party". :awesome:

1. Dunno.

2. The people who started the group are idiots, obviously.

3. Likely.

4. For death threats, whether they are likely to be carried out or not, I'd say they got off lightly with a suspension.

5. Could be a controversial subject to talk about. I mean, yes, what they do on their Facebooks or whatever should be relatively private, but death threats? Going a bit far really, so I'd say they deserve everything they get for it. *shrugs*

Needless death threats coming from idiots on Facebook... another day in an angsty teens' life.
    :yes:

The funny thing is that around 20mins after reading the article, in our lesson a peer of mine got threatened with exclusion for calling our teacher a ******** on facebook which i thought was a scary coincidence. Hes next status was lyrics from some emo song - say no to emo :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nashy19)
    Nonsuch? You're sure this school exists, right?
    http://www.nonsuch.co.uk/index.php

bang-bang

(rivals of the far better known tiffin girls school)

ReputationRep:
    Ehh, they didn't need to suspend a bunch of chicks who decided to make a facebook group and get nowhere.

ReputationRep:

I'm somewhat disappointed I don't know why though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgonia)
    I'm somewhat disappointed I don't know why though!
    even when i put the sly face in? :sly:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marcus_Q)
    Number 5 is rubbish, your mate is misinformed.

But more importantly... what kind of garnish?
    If your account is on a school network they can access files because it is their server -_-

ReputationRep:
    even when i put the sly face in? :sly:

I suppose that makes it a bit better :o:

ReputationRep:
    facebook should not be allowed for these kind of reasons. end of. no excuses. cos then it just spirals.

ReputationRep:

not sure the opposite term for a sausage fest
    Taco fest

do not listen to all these fools - i am well versed in such matters and i deem it to be called a taco fest; fish market was a nice proposal but does not serve as the antithesis of sausage fest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Opposite of "sausage fest"?

Probably something like "gash party".
    Gash clash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    facebook should not be allowed for these kind of reasons. end of. no excuses. cos then it just spirals.
    Exactly, teachers should be banned from Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    So...the girls were annoyed and made a facebook group about how annoyed they were to the extent of making death threats. Stupid...yes but I wouldn't say suspension was particularly fair! I mean don't a lot of people say I'm going to kill such and such but it's just when they're really annoyed and they never actually truly mean it. Messing with students year 11 prom is never a good idea...it's really important to a lot of people, particularly girls.

My boyfriend made a copy of his school's website when he was in sixth form basically making a mockery of the school. He's hard-working, conscientious and a good student so you'd think they'd know he would never mean anything personally/seriously but they still suspended him. They threatened to get the police involved but decided it would be better to just get him working alongside the IT department helping them.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone makes death threats on facebook. Just today i wrote "if Jerry sets us another essay I am going to murder him".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    most schools have key loggers etc
    I very highly doubt that this is true. They'd be under obligation to tell you that they're installed for a start, and accessing your account would be against the law, under the Computer Misuse Act, regardless of how the login information was obtained.

OP, whilst I agree that the reason for the creation of the Group was trivial, and that it was conducted outside of school, I think that the school were quite justified in their actions.

School is a place to learn and develop, and they wouldn't be carrying out their full responsibility if they didn't take an interest into what their pupils and students are doing outside of school. Not that people should be stalked 24/7, but when something like this happens, the parents don't seem to be doing anything, it's not really against the law, but they need to be taught a lesson - albeit not an academic lesson.

Death threats are extreme. I doubt the pupils actually meant them, but if they're not taken seriously, what happens if they're real? Teachers have the right to work in a safe environment, free from fear, intimidation and abuse. You can imagine how long it would've taken for say, half of the school, to be members of that Group, and how the teacher would suffer. Although still, context remains to be seen.

Of course, my initial reaction to the teacher would probably be, "man up", it's still unfair and unjust.

It's featured in your local newspaper probably because it's 20x more interesting than the date of the next Church coffee morning, to the average reader at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    most schools have key loggers etc
    Ours had the whole 'Teacher can see what you're doing on your computer and they can log you off and stuff'...

On a side not we made a group about throwing our Economics teacher down a well and got ~200 people to join...nothing happened.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.