OMG seriously o_o(Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
my friends sister went there and apparently they didnt know what a penis was until they were in 6th form
I know people who went there and they were normal
x Turn on thread page Beta
5 girls suspended for facebook group watch
- 13-02-2010 00:17
(Original post by areyoucool/symmetrical?)
- 13-02-2010 01:18
5. Is this a violation of freedom of speech? My main man Jack Flynn told me today that schools can access everyones account if you are in your school's netword (big brother society??)
Use of the IT resources will be subject to an Acceptable Use Policy, and I'd be willing to bet that there's an included clause that prohibits the kind of behaviour that these girls have been exhibiting.
- 13-02-2010 01:23
hmmm i wonder what dresses they wouldve worn
- 13-02-2010 01:27
Hey, I'm all for freedom of speech and digital rights, but there's no need for the death threats. They took the right action I reckon.
She'll be back in no time and everything will be fine. Case closed
- 13-02-2010 21:44
There are two stories to this side guys but no one seems to be showing the other one
1. Just because these girls are intellegent it doesn't mean that they have no lives. whoever said before that someone didn't know what a penis was until year 12 is a blatant lie, especially seeing as it's part of the syllabus in year 7. Contrary to popular belief these girls do not spend any more time working that people from other school. In fact more people than not have boyfriends and were planning on bringing them to the prom. The hype was also because loads of people were leaving at the end of the year so it is a last chance to have the whole year group together. Also don't listen to reputations especially as more often that not they are completly and utterly wrong! They're intellegent not backwards
2. First of all there were no death threats made, that is a lie. The closest comment to a death threat was 'I could kill someone' this was not aimed at the teacher but was a comment showing their anger. There was not a single comment to suggest the teacher was in danger. Besides what infuriated people more was that it was not a teacher it was a work experience officer who's only job all year is too organise this, which she managed to get wrong thats why people were so annoyed. As for the death threats they never were.
Also it was not a hate group it was a group designed to deal with the situation of prom dates. The group was never meant to be- and wasn't a hate group.
3. I suppose one of the best schools in the country having 5 people suspended is a big story in the local community, also to be honest what else goes on in our area?
4. Had the circumstances been how they were portrayed in the newspaper I would have said no, However as it was not a Hate group and as there actually were no death threats made I would say that suspension is to harsh.
5. I think it is a violation, It has been revealed that the school has a spy facebook acount and so can see everything we do. As it's outside of school hours what we do should be out own business. I can not see this supension happening is two people had said it verbally
(Original post by Hammyspoon)
- 13-02-2010 21:51
5. I think it is a violation, It has been revealed that the school has a spy facebook acount and so can see everything we do.
Wouldnt they have to be your friend to see everything you do though :/
who controls it, the headteacher? lolol.
Thats weird, hope my school doesnt have that...