Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Believe it or not, I’ve never gotten a present for Valentine’s Day. Sad I know.. It’s just that I always turn out to be single on every year of Valentine’s Day. And the guys who seem to like me aren’t very interested in me to actually buy me something. Or that I am not really interested in them to actually go out with them. I don’t know how it feels like to actually get a present from someone who loves you or like you on a Valentine’s Day. Therefore, I hate valentine’s days. I broke up with one of my ex-s on a Valentine’s Day as well so I guess Valentine’s Day is a bad luck for me. So screw Feb 14!!

i've been single for 18 years.
    i agree, screw valentines day

ReputationRep:
    I've been single for 19 years, top that!
    Oh, and screw valentine's day!

ReputationRep:
    for me its not a big event and is a great way for companys to make more money on monday it will all be over!

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, i've never kissed a guy before, guys run a mile when I even say hi to them, tbh guys i think its my teeth and breath well who would want my green tounge down their throats :'(
    TOP THAT GUYS

ReputationRep:
    You hate Valentine's day because you're not going to get a present?

No wonder you don't have a boyfriend. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)

Totaly. I don't get why everyone gets so bitter about valentines day. Its almost like being single and bitter about it is some sort of Trend

"oo look at me i'm single and hate valentines day look at how different from everyone else i am"

Its all i've heard in the last week!!!! Shut up!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Believe it or not, I’ve never gotten a present for Valentine’s Day.
    OH MY GOD!!! :eek: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Who cares about Valentine's day, it's PANCAKE DAY!

Honestly, it's a bit of a silly idea really. Fair enough, if you're in a relationship and want to use the day as an opportunity to do something special, but I'm slightly fed up of the week of newspaper articles on "where to go for valentines day", "how to find a date before valentines day", "why not try online dating (PS IT'S NEARLY VALENTINE's DAY, You SUBNORMAL SINGLE PEOPLE!)".

In conclusion, screw Valentine's day, spend the evening stuffing yourself silly with pancakes instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)

Haha exactly what I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    OH MY GOD!!! :eek: :eek3:
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Been single for 4 years, without a chance of getting a girlfriend. Do not very much enjoy Velentines day, but I never made a meal of it anyway. It went by like another day, until I got attracted to this girl recently. Its depressing!

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a good valentines day, I think it's inevitable. Like new years eve, I've never had a good one of those either.

This year my boyfriend's SELFISHLY abroad so I'm probably just gonna be really lame and watch Titanic on repeat all evening with chocolate and cryings.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care about such a non-event?

ReputationRep:
    As already mentioned, you're crying 'cause nobody buys you stuff on valentine's? You seem more concerned about that than actually having someone on valentine's.... dear oh dear.

I am against valentine's, single or not - i never have done anything spesh, and i never will.

ReputationRep:
    People should love and care about their partners during every day of the year, not just Valentine's Day.
    And since I feel rather bad for all the singles out there... yeah, **** it.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been single for 20 years!! top that!!

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I have absolutely no concern about Valentines day this year.

I'll wake up, eat breakfast, go get some oil for my car, then just bump around for the day.

My valentines day came yesterday in the F.A Cup Sad I know, but hey, I don't care!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.