Turn on thread page Beta

Which one would you recommend: Australia OR New Zealand? :) watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking for my year in industry when I go to uni I would like to go to either Australia or New Zealand.

I've always wanted to go to either, but because I haven't been I don't know what they are like. So which one would you recommend?

I've heard NZ is very beautiful and less hot then Australia, but then again Australia maybe has more to do and see?
    Any advice please Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Do you like heat?

ReputationRep:
    Spiders eat you whole over there.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather go NZ, but i guess aussie would be better for work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Do you like heat?
    Yes, but I would rather go to the place that is slightly less hot. Is there much difference in terms of the heat?

New Zealand! New Zealand! New Zealand!

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand =)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not exactly impartial having only visited one of those countries.

Go to New Zealand, I literally love it, never felt more at home. I bought the gap year book a while back and it had a variety of jobs (not just fruit picking or bar work but industry places too) I mean the recession has hit anywhere but there should still be a range if you're flexible.

ReputationRep:
    New Zealand is MUCH better than Australia. Australia is a huge desert, with a few things worth seeing that are rrrrrrrreaaaaallllllly spread out (prime example is Ayre's Rock, it's hundreds if not thousands of miles from anything else remotely interesting). New Zealand has a lot more to do and is a lot prettier landscape-wise.

You're probably best off waiting to see what's available for years in the industry first though. Everyone says they're planning to go to really exotic places, and then it turns out that placements abroad are few and places are competitive. If you're not even at uni yet how can you speculate so far ahead?

ReputationRep:
    Australia. There's much more to do. Though the greenery in NZ is ******* amazing :coma:

And don't worry about the spiders in Australia. They'll only eat you if you touch them, or lay still for more than 5 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    NZ has kiwis ^.^

but Oz has hugh jackman (kinda..)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 12, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.