Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How many calories have YOU had today?! watch

ReputationRep:
    We did this excercise at uni, when everyone added up how many calories they'd eaten and were expected to eat tonight- and it was so surprising how many people went over what their reccomended daily intake was!

So, using this website: http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/resources/intro.htm

I've worked out around how many calories i've had today and luckily i've been measuring out what im eating too- so it's a bit more accurate! (will be having a meal later and have added this on) as i'm on a diet, i've had 1640kcl today

So whats your number for today?
    Do you feel full, satisfied? Do you feel you've eaten right?
    How aware are you during the day of your 5 a day, or a balanced diet?
    As a student how easy do you consider it to eat healthily, and on a budget?

Approx 950 according to that! I haven't had dinner yet, and I certainly don't feel full right now as the last time I ate was lunchtime. That includes a bit of fruit and veg so far, but mainly bread/snacks so I've not done very well.

ReputationRep:
    By the end of the day, I will have had 1,300 calories. That amount always fills me up - I'd say I eat a fairly balanced, healthy diet, but I certainly don't manage my five a day - one at most.

Today's menu consists of:

- a bowl of chocolate cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk
    - a tuna, mayo and sweetcorn bagel
    - a portion of coley, five dry roast potatoes, and a tin of sweetcorn and peppers, with hollandaise sauce

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth would I know? I'm not neurotic enough to calculate them. I can't imagine those websites are very useful, either. What if you eat something that's not on a short list of microwave meals?

ReputationRep:
    1,050 by the end of the day.

So far I have had a bowl of wheatabix with sliced banana, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (toasted) with beans, mixed fruit salad (x2)

ReputationRep:
    a bananna, coffee... and a kool-aid jammers juice...
    around 2am in the morning i hate cookies and milk

ReputationRep:
    500 kcal :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    I don't need the calorie counter. I've only had a couple of slices of toast, a bag of crisps and a chocolate brownie (:coma:). So...approximately 5,000. (Damn that brownie!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    So whats your number for today?
    Do you feel full, satisfied? Do you feel you've eaten right?
    How aware are you during the day of your 5 a day, or a balanced diet?
    As a student how easy do you consider it to eat healthily, and on a budget?
    1700 (not thus far, total)
    No, Yes (for my purpose)
    Very Aware, but very "I don't actually care"
    The two don't go hand in hand unless you eat **** all/and or don't use many seasonings, etc ... or live off reduced prices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    1,050 by the end of the day.

So far I have had a bowl of wheatabix with sliced banana, 1 slice of wholemeal bread (toasted) with beans, mixed fruit salad (x2)

christ not hungry?

Breakfast I had: 30g bowl of special k, skimmed milk, with a banana and muller light yogurt and a glass of orange juice

Lunch: Ready meal of a WW beef hot pot, diet coke and a handful of strawberries

Dinner: 100g of uncooked chidken (will be cooked), 30g of uncooked rice with vegetables, a large glass of white wine and a skinny cow icecream!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I neither know nor care. I eat what I want when I want, and as a result, I don't go hungry. That's all that matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    had about 1300 so far, probably be at around 2000-2200 by the end of the day. I feel pretty satisfied at the moment, slightly peckish. I do think about my 5-a-day, make sure i eat fruit and veg, but i don't count to make sure i've got the 5+ but i probably do most days. I find as a student i tend to just get crisps at lunch, for 40p and some cheap fruit and a chocoate bar rather than a pot of salad/pasta/a healthy dinner from the canteen at £2.40. I can't afford that amount each day. I suppose if I really wanted I could bring in cheap food from the supermarket. also when cooking for myself, it's very tempting to have 9p supernoodles instead of a proper dinner

ReputationRep:
    To those who have low calorie intakes for today- do you find you struggle with your weight, or hunger- and are prone to binging? is it the RIGHT foods you're eating?

ReputationRep:
    Going by the link I have had 1065 calories, but it may be slightly more as my evening meal ( home made chicken curry ) wasnt actually on the list of main meals.To be honest it doesnt seem a lot when a woman is allowed 2 thousand Kcal a day......but there is still time to increase that amount, lol. Anyway my total is a bit more than I have been having lately anyway.I feel full, but still have space for me to eat something else preferably something sweet. I dont normally calorie count, and eat what I like.

ReputationRep:
    christ not hungry?

Breakfast I had: 30g bowl of special k, skimmed milk, with a banana and muller light yogurt and a glass of orange juice

Lunch: Ready meal of a WW beef hot pot, diet coke and a handful of strawberries

Dinner: 100g of uncooked chidken (will be cooked), 30g of uncooked rice with vegetables, a large glass of white wine and a skinny cow icecream!
    Not yet, im going to the gym later though, i will be when i get back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Going by the link I have had 1065 calories, but it may be slightly more as my evening meal ( home made chicken curry ) wasnt actually on the list of main meals.To be honest it doesnt seem a lot when a woman is allowed 2 thousand Kcal a day......but there is still time to increase that amount, lol. Anyway my total is a bit more than I have been having lately anyway.
    keyword here is "average woman"

the average woman that that is based on is quite heavy

most girls/young women would need closer to 1500-1600 calories, 2000 probs if you are more active

ReputationRep:
    To those who have low calorie intakes for today- do you find you struggle with your weight, or hunger- and are prone to binging? is it the RIGHT foods you're eating?
    Im on a strict diet, and at times i feel REALLY hungry and just want to eat loads....if i feel like that, I just eat a whole load of fruit, water melon or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    keyword here is "average woman"

the average woman that that is based on is quite heavy

most girls/young women would need closer to 1500-1600 calories, 2000 probs if you are more active

Thanks , see I told you I didnt have a clue, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is creepily healthy :lolwut:
    By the end of today I will probaly be crawling into the arms of Mother Obesity having had about 2,000.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.