Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How many calories have YOU had today?! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    It's incredibly hard to eat that much.
    I guess it depends on what you eat. What do you eat for your bodybuilding?
    I think that nuts are by far the easiest way to take in calories. :P When I found out how much energy there's in nuts, I was seriously shocked. It was also from that point onward that I decided to quit snacking (except on a view occasions).

ReputationRep:
    http://www.caloriecounting.co.uk/res...ies_drinks.htm

woah

smoothies, coke and juices have more calories than champagne white/red wine ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phen)
    I guess it depends on what you eat. What do you eat for your bodybuilding?
    I think that nuts are by far the easiest way to take in calories. :P When I found out how much energy there's in nuts, I was seriously shocked. It was also from that point onward that I decided to quit snacking (except on a view occasions).
    I pretty much exclusively only eat stereotypically good food for bodybuilders these days. Oats, eggs, chicken, lean meat, a huge amount of vegetables, etc. I've been trying harder and harder to consume 5 meals a day to keep a constant stream of protein going through me and I think that's where the challenge is. It's hard to eat so much when you're rarely hungry.

I think the other issue for me personally is that I have a very very high metabolism. Skipping one or two meals in the day can set me back a week in weight gaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    You're bulking at 2500-3000 calories?
    And find it hard to eat that much?
    uh yeah, i wouldn't say i'm bulking, i'm just trying to keep a good progression going. Is there a problem here?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how many calories I consume but as I'm not getting fat like a house I guess it's not too much. So far today I've had 3 weetabix/semi skimmed milk/banana.

I eat healthily, don't really like fatty or fried stuff and can't stand chocolate or sweets, get at least 4/5 portions of fruit and vegetables.

Will probably get cancer while some fat slob that's never touched a vegetable lives to be 100 but I don't care, I like what I eat. ;D

ReputationRep:
    I worked it out, and in order for me to maintain my current weight, I should have 1400 calories a day. I want to loose another stone by mid march so I've cut down to 1000 a day. This is what I eat a day:

Breakfast:
    Apple, banana, water

Snack:
    Raisins

Lunch:
    Pitta bread sarnie filled with turkey slices, lettuce and a thin layer of salad cream (210 calories)

Snacks
    Go Ahead! biscuits (180 calories)

Dinner
    Home cooked food- varies daily but always some kind of meat and veg (400 calories max)

I drink about between 1 and 2 small cups of tea a day or a herbal tea which manages to keep me full. I get my five-a-day so I'm not worried about being unhealthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1234567890123)
    Your diet is epic. Good luck living past 40 with that though.

Edit* Didnt see the sensible bit,
    my typical diet monday-thursday is:

nothing in the morning/banana or nutrigrain bar
    1 bag of Jelly tots
    Half a bar of some kind of chocolate
    apples, satsuma's and banana's
    maybe a sandwhich depending on how I feel that day
    fish and rice/pasta/soup for dinner
    Muller light with two crushed up reduced fat digestives
    bowl of shredded wheat/weatabix

Sunday's I work through the day so usually:
    Honey Nut Shredded Wheat
    Banana
    Maybe a cereal bar depending what manager I have for the day
    Dinner usually a roast or lasagna
    Muller Light with two crushed up reduced fat digestives
    Linseed Toast with Nutella

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    uh yeah, i wouldn't say i'm bulking, i'm just trying to keep a good progression going. Is there a problem here?
    Well, it's just that that's barely any food, really.
    What're you weighing?

ReputationRep:
    So far today I have only had one coffee with semi skimmed milk, so not many is the answer to that.........for now at least.:p:

ReputationRep:
    I usually have about 1000,
    But loads and loads of water with it, usually stops me feeling hungry.
    And yes to the 5 a day, usually 7 a day

ReputationRep:
    its 11 am and ive already have had 1800 kcal omg omg...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Mwahaha, I've had none today. Although I'm bloody hungry...

ReputationRep:
    489.4 calories... usually on a daily basis too :s (Although I haven't eaten anything yet... just saying what the average calories are that I eat..)

ReputationRep:
    I usually eat about 700-1000 a day. And NO I am not dieting, I just don't get hungry very quick and YES I do have energy!

ReputationRep:
    Around 800...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know and really don't care either.

I eat alot of food and I'm not fat and I'm quite fit I guess so I'm not bothered.

ReputationRep:
    4 pints and a scotch after midnight = 941kcal
    An apple this morning = 53kcal

Total = 994kcals

On average I have about 500 calories a day - today will be less because I'm not in a good mood. I find it very odd that a lot of people here seem to have a very low calorie intake and aren't admitting it's a problem. I am anorexic, was diagnosed 6 years ago and am currently back in therapy. Although sometimes part of me likes to pretend there isn't anything wrong, I can't be in permenant denial. Obviously it's a slow process but eventually I hope to spend much less of my time obsessing over food because at the moment it's a fully time occupation for me. It's had a massive impact on my health, you can't live at such a low BMI and again although I pretend I don't feel it when your heart is giving up on you and you've lost your hair it's quite a stark reminder that things are wrong.

Although personally I don't find this topic triggering I can see how it could easily turn into a competition without anyone even realising it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Although personally I don't find this topic triggering I can see how it could easily turn into a competition without anyone even realising it.
    That's a good point. Good thing that you're not in denial! Stay strong. The only way to solve some problems is to face them head-on.

ReputationRep:
    Probably too many considering that i've eaten half a toblerone for breakfast. It was so tasty though

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.